New IOR 9-36x 56mm on the way for the 338 AM....

Will be interested to know how it recalibrates. I have a friend who will be shooting GENERALLY at longer distances who is interested. But he cant always use it at 80m. I'll wait for the second gen catadioptric for FT I think.

[ QUOTE ]
D-A,

Ordered my from Don at Long Range supply. He charged $1349 and covered the shipping. A new 8-32 NXS will run atr least $1450 the cheapest place I have seen them, then you have to pay for a set of rings as well and shipping.

The rings are included with the price of the IOR scope.

If they are as good a quality as the NF this is a GREAT deal. I am not saying the NF is not an amazing scope. It is and was the one I was going to use. Still, if you can save a couple hundred $$ on a top quality scope, why not try it.

We will see soon.

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link to this shop?

Chris,

I had to return the high 35mm rings to exchange them for some lower rings as they were way to high for comfortable shooting, even with the 56mm objective.

I was expecting them to be back already but so far no rings to mount the scope with.

Will post when I get them back and the scope mounted up.

Kirby Allen(50)

Fiftydriver
Any updates on the IOR 9-36 scope?How many rounds underneath it?
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this scope ....compaired to other scopes you have used.

Mach V

SO far its a great scope. Only compaints I have are that the reticle is calibrated at a very low 10X and there are only 59 moa of vertical adjustment but this is typical with a scope of this magnification power range.

Clearity it is right there with the nightforce NXS. I would say at least as clear and very bright.

Adjustments are right on the money as well.

I have about 180 rounds down the barrel of my 338 Allen Mag with this scope and it is performing extremely well. Not what you would call and endurance test yet but it has shown no trouble signs at all.

I have heard some of the IOR scopes worked loose when mounted on large rifles fitted with muzzle brakes. My rifle does not have a brake so keep that in mind.

So far it has been well worth the money.

If you order one, just make sure you order it with the correct ring height you want. Took me over a month to get the rings exchanged.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Sounds like a good scope and from your pics i really like the looks of it. But i just cant understand why they would calibrate the reticle to 10x on that high power of a scope. At least something around 20x would have made more sense.

IF ya get bored post some pics of that bad boy and that big ol scope sometime.

take it easy
steve

Re: IOR 9-36x 56mm

Been meaning to get my hands on one of these for over 12 months, if they are as good as the lower mag variants, its got that sense of definition only a decent Mark 4 and a PM2 have.
Incidently, Mark 4 have 140MOA elevation, a fair bit more than an NXS. Prezm will have seen my old Leupy in Poland today.

Jonny,

The single powered Mk4s I have shot have not been as clear or bright as this IOR, not really even a comparision to be honest. That is not to say I do not like the Mk4 fixed power scopes because I do but they are what they are, 40mm objectives with 10 to 16x magnification. There are tradeoffs for a small objective.

They do have alot of vertical adjustment range though!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I will see if the local distributor is taking any to our Game Fair in three weeks, used to be 3/4 mile from where i work now.
I had a 35mag Premier Ret boosted Mark 4 with ret change probably the best in the UK, sold fourth hand for the new cost of the IOR 9-36 Illum.
Why do you get good and bad scopes, every mfr does.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.