IOR Valdada 9-36x56

Don UT (on this forum, you can look up his email at Don UT's profile is a NightForce, Leupold and I believe a IOR dealer. He reports the IOR is very popular.
Don is also exceptionally knowledgeable about optics - he regularly shoots and tests a variety of guns/scopes/rails/rings. He's also a great guy to deal with and has extensive industry contacts.

Danny Rabbit,

I was out at Jim Maloney's house a couple of weeks back. Jim has the IOR 9-36 mounted on his 300 WSM. Outstanding scope!

The scopes optics are incredible, but this has got to be the largest scope I've ever seen. We took it off his rifle and played whiffle ball with it. LOL! Just goshing there, but it could double as a baseball bat.

I thought my new XOTIC scope was big, but that scopes looks as though it should be mounted on a howitzer.

I'm not knocking the scope, like I said it's got incredible optics, but it sure is big.

We'll see what happens. I ordered one off the other day and It will probably weigh too much for light gun class. I have heard though that the optics are awesome! I think it weighs in at 40.5 oz. My Buddy Chris Matthews is going to take me outta his will for going w/a Romanian product though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Danny Rabbit,

I was out at Jim Maloney's house a couple of weeks back. Jim has the IOR 9-36 mounted on his 300 WSM. Outstanding scope!

The scopes optics are incredible, but this has got to be the largest scope I've ever seen. We took it off his rifle and played whiffle ball with it. LOL! Just goshing there, but it could double as a baseball bat.

I thought my new XOTIC scope was big, but that scopes looks as though it should be mounted on a howitzer.

I'm not knocking the scope, like I said it's got incredible optics, but it sure is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowman,

I can't really answer your question fairly. While I was at Jim's and I was checking out his IOR scope, I didn't have my XOTIC with me to compare the optics side-by-side.

Both scopes have great optics, but until I get them side-by-side I won't be able to comment.

Sorry, not the answer you were looking for.

I will say getting together with Jim for lunch is quite expensive. He cost me over a grand, **** him and his peer pressure.

Let's see, lunch at Famous Daves $35.00, new left-handed Winchester Model 70 Featherwieight 300 WSM, Burris's new 4.4-14X32mm short mag compact scope with rings and mounts, just over a grand. OUCH!

But it sure gonna be fun to use in Alaska this fall moose hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jeff in Texas,
No problem, I understand. It wouldn't be fair to comment on them.. Thats a hell of a lunch. I wish I could get away with that.. your lunch sounds like my trips to cabelas, I go there, have a nice lunch and seem to never leave without spending some money.. Its those dang elk sandwiches.. give us an update if you do a comparison side by side. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.