My new Swaro rangefinder is on the way!!!

JARHEAD1371

I finally broke down and ordered a Swarovski Rangefinder from Third Generation Shooting Supply. It was $943 with shipping but the peace of mind is priceless. Last year my wife and I missed out on several "book" antelope because our new Bushnell 1500 wouldn't range around 700 yds. The goats are in trouble now!!!! gun)

Last edited:
In the same boat as you. The bushy 1500 seems to work amazing until you get it out on the praire and try to range antelope. Past 600 for me was a chore. Cant decide between the bushy fusion 1600 binos or the swaro. If the new 1600 is the same laser as the 1500 i dont think im interested. Plus i already own the bushnell elite binos and deffinatly dont wanna step down in optical quality.

In the same boat as you. The bushy 1500 seems to work amazing until you get it out on the praire and try to range antelope. Past 600 for me was a chore. Cant decide between the bushy fusion 1600 binos or the swaro. If the new 1600 is the same laser as the 1500 i dont think im interested. Plus i already own the bushnell elite binos and deffinatly dont wanna step down in optical quality.

As soon as the Swaro comes in I'm gonna make a trip to check out how it works. I'll let you know what I find out.

Swaro RF is awesome! Why buy new though? They go for $650 to $750 on ebay and gunbroker

I'd rather buy new and know that if I have a problem Swaro will take care of it. And this way I know that I'm getting a perfect unit, not one that could be damaged. To me, that's worth the extra $.

You will love it. I have ranged out to 1875 yards on a sunny day. Crystal clear optics. And the 8x magnification will work in place of binos in a pinch.

My only gripes about the unit is that that the twist-focus eye piece doesn't always stay in place. And the red circle projection for target acquisition is hard to see in bright conditions, or if your eye isn't lined up perfectly.

Re: My new Swaro rangefinder is on the way!!! ***UPDATED***

I was able to take it out for a test yesterday about 90 minutes before sundown. I was able to range a small bump at 1556 yds. The deer and antelope are in trouble!
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.