New Huskemaw 4-16x42 or Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 LR

slickyboyboo

I have the VX3 (30mm tube) already, was considering upgrading, since Huskemaw came out with the new 4-16x42. What are y'all's thoughts? Would it really be an upgrade or not?

Cant go wrong with the Husky I own 4 of them never had any issue with any of them. On the other hand I have never owned a Leupold that did not have to eventually go back for warranty. Oops not exactly true I have owned 1 fixed power that never had to be warrantied.

Cant go wrong with the Husky I own 4 of them never had any issue with any of them. On the other hand I have never owned a Leupold that did not have to eventually go back for warranty. Oops not exactly true I have owned 1 fixed power that never had to be warrantied.

Just curious what issues have you had with all those leupolds? Me and my old man have owned over 30 vx2's & vx-3's over the past 20 years and never had a single issue.

I've about decided to keep my VX3, and send it into Leupold, for some M1 turrets. I'm like motown, I've got several Leoupolds, some 25+ yrs old, and never had the first bit of problems.

I've about decided to keep my VX3, and send it into Leupold, for some M1 turrets. I'm like motown, I've got several Leoupolds, some 25+ yrs old, and never had the first bit of problems.

Slicky thats what i would do. I just bought a 6.5-20 lr 30mm off the classifieds and i'll be sending it to leupold to install a cds dial. Its going on a 25-06 for varmints and my longest shots here in PA are only 500-600 yards so one turn of the dial should get me there.

Slicky thats what i would do. I just bought a 6.5-20 lr 30mm off the classifieds and i'll be sending it to leupold to install a cds dial. Its going on a 25-06 for varmints and my longest shots here in PA are only 500-600 yards so one turn of the dial should get me there.

10-4 I'm building a 280 AI, to shoot 162 A-MAXs, so I want the ability to go out to 1000 if I ever wanted to really air one out. I may go with just an M1 elevation turret, and get a standard CDS dial for windage, so it won't stick out so far. I got to give leupold a call about that.

10-4 I'm building a 280 AI, to shoot 162 A-MAXs, so I want the ability to go out to 1000 if I ever wanted to really air one out. I may go with just an M1 elevation turret, and get a standard CDS dial for windage, so it won't stick out so far. I got to give leupold a call about that.

Good luck and let me know how you make out if you do go that route.

Just curious what issues have you had with all those leupolds? Me and my old man have owned over 30 vx2's & vx-3's over the past 20 years and never had a single issue.

Had one with a reticle issue. Mostly tracking issues. Had one that had a certain place where it would stick and not change point of impact. Good for you you like Leupolds by all means keep using them. I do believe if the OP had the opportunity to have the 2 side by side in the field to give them a true comparison I believe there is better than a good chance he would pick the Husky. That is my 2 cents and that is what he was asking for. Unless you have used both how can you have a valid opinion?

Had one with a reticle issue. Mostly tracking issues. Had one that had a certain place where it would stick and not change point of impact. Good for you you like Leupolds by all means keep using them. I do believe if the OP had the opportunity to have the 2 side by side in the field to give them a true comparison I believe there is better than a good chance he would pick the Husky. That is my 2 cents and that is what he was asking for. Unless you have used both how can you have a valid opinion?

I think owning more than 30 leupolds and never having an issue with a single one warrants a valid opinion. Ive never once said a bad thing about the husky scopes or even drew a comparison to the leupolds because i have never owned one. I was just asking a question as to why you have had so many issues with your leupolds.

When you get a gun that shoots one hole at 300 yards, you will realize what the problem is with one of the scopes you mention! If it always comes back to "O" , it is a good one. Some scopes that I have used will be up to a minute high or low, not a problem with big game or if you are shooting sighters on a long target and unless your gun shoots very well you may never notice the problem. When you are making head shots on groundhogs at 500 yards, 1/2 minute off is too much in my opinion!

I think owning more than 30 leupolds and never having an issue with a single one warrants a valid opinion. Ive never once said a bad thing about the husky scopes or even drew a comparison to the leupolds because i have never owned one. I was just asking a question as to why you have had so many issues with your leupolds.

Look I am not trying to pick a fight with you here
The OP here was asking for an opinion comparing the Leupold to the Husky. I have owned both and have given my opinion. Obviously you have never used a Husky much less owned one so how can you have a valid opinion to give; given the original question? Sorry if I have offended you; now lets look at this from another persecutive. Lets say the question was asked Ford or Chevy what do you guys think I should buy? You reply well I have had 12 Chevys over the last 30 years and I believe they are the best truck on the road. Good for you but you have never owned a Ford. Lets say some guy replies well over the last 10 yrs I have owned 2 Fords and 3 Chevys; the Fords never gave me a lick of trouble and the Chevys all had warranty issues. Who's opinion would you value more?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.