New hunting partner

1tonpower

New huntin partner, got her a little early for this season, but next year she and the little man will be ready for the woods.
1BE5DE12-A0FC-4504-B883-20248B6EDC6E-1554-00000115CF936FD5.jpg

Thanks. She's ten weeks now, and I can't beleave how well mannered she is. She's almost crate trained. I have to get up on or twice at night to let her out. She's is to the point where I can say "get in your house" and she will go to bed, sometimes i will have to give her a small push but she will walk in on her own.

gotta lov it!!!!!!!!! wait till she learns to know when you shut your puter down. flash the wonder dog,comes to me now when i shut this thing off. she is overly smart at times.

Mumma thinks that cadi is her dog, little does she know is that I've been putting one of my T-shirts that I had on that day in her crate with her at night.. It's the little things that make them Mans best friend. Haha

19F80E72-4B80-484B-9C27-08ABCEFF1DB4-1433-00000144237A8D21.jpg

She's about 5 months old now..there's a treat on the floor, She will hold a sit till I tell her it's ok..same thing playing fetch, she will sit by my feet for the toss and wait till I say ok.. Still working on a soft hand over. It's close but I still have to pull a little.

DSC02401_zpscc4c3f17.jpg

11months now. Left right and back hand signals are coming along good. I'm pleased with the progress we have made together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking dog! I am picking up a male yellow on Saturday. Any suggestions or pointers? I am looking for a combination of Upland and Waterfowl hunting.

cadi-hunt_zpsa3c151c2.jpg

cadi-hunt2_zpsf5b0f7fd.jpg

a few pics from the past season..she's 16 months old now..i m looking forward to seeing how she does with ducks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.