New Guy, old California

Hello!

Looking to get into hunting one day but for now just enjoying reading and learning what I can. Still working on the fundamentals but I think once I get comfortable it will be a great experience.

Thank you for all the great info!
Nice you joined , when I got started ,I was to young to know the difference, anyway , you get a head start with all this info, I just shot the rifle someone else picked out for me , ends up it was J C Higgins model 50 , 30-06 , F N Mauser .
Still have it.

Hi Mark, thanks for the welcome! I had been lurking for awhile but realized the only way I can really make meaningful advances is if I put myself out there more. Which isn't the easiest thing to do. But with something as technical as this, each question can save me a lot of time and energy downstream.

Welcome and enjoy the stay. Lots of good info on shooting most everything. Take what is shared and process what works for you. A lot can be tested on dry runs and just being out in the outdoors. Post up what you do in related threads to help others as we all learn from each other. Heck I was surprised and learned something today shooting a certain steel closer than I had before. You will do the same and please enjoy and share your experiences.

You all are super welcoming, thank you very much!

I grew up just outside of SF so my outdoors experience only came when we could get out of the city to do fishing, camping or hiking. I live in Los Angeles now which puts me close to the 395 and I already like backpacking there. I've had offers from friends to do some local hog hunting but my more adventurous friends are trying to get me out to Idaho or NM (which honestly sounds pretty great too, but I feel I should start small)

I do promise to share what goes on out there, I figure if I'm doing something right or could be doing it better, I should be as aware as possible. I know the best way to learn is from my own mistakes but I think if I can learn off our collective experience, I'm making the most out of this forum