New guy here as well as reloading!

Roll Tide is kinda like a term of endearment, like "hey bro" or "Jesus loves you too"....that kinda stuff...plus I thought the guy had an Alabama accent.?
Go Dawgs

Lee

There's always a tide rolling.
Just jealous that's all and at least we're keeping it in the SEC. Enjoy the ride while it last and when it's over pass it over to Athens and keep it away from Gainesville and Knoxville.

Welcome from New Jersey !! You will have no shortage of opinions and Info shared with you here. There is a Cabela's on the Virginia - Tenn. Border west of Bristol, on 81 or 40 west bound. They used to have a good selection of component's, once. There was a Little bass pro, on 40 in Memphis that remained open even after the big Bass pro Pyramid opened. They also had lots of re loading stuff . Good luck to you sir.!!!

Welcome from New Jersey !! You will have no shortage of opinions and Info shared with you here. There is a Cabela's on the Virginia - Tenn. Border west of Bristol, on 81 or 40 west bound. They used to have a good selection of component's, once. There was a Little bass pro, on 40 in Memphis that remained open even after the big Bass pro Pyramid opened. They also had lots of re loading stuff . Good luck to you sir.!!!
There is an overload of knowledge here! And yes, I'm very familiar with the two on 40. I'll stop in the small one the next time through.

I've had no issues with the hornady stuff but maybe I got lucky. I'd add to this good advice here to start slow. I started with a single stage press and have yet to change. It's fun. The biggest rule of all for me: if you're doing this in a hurry you're doing it wrong.
I almost started with a single stage but was told I'd get bored with it. so I got the LNL AP and it's been enjoyable. Like everything it's got its quirks, jumping between indexes, primer slide alignment, cracked bushings. nothing is perfect (even though blue press guys think theirs are :) )

I will eventually get a single stage press, I'm seriously considering a Forester Co-ax. And if I was new to reloading that's what I would start with because it doesn't require shell plates. the RCBS universal hand primer for the same reason.

Hello from Alaska. I'm reloading for my 270 WSM after saying I never would as I have enough factory ammo to last me several years for it. Anyways, I am getting an average of 3040 FPS using H4350 and 140 gr. Nos BT. Two months ago, I bought some H4831SC and some Berger bullets to try in it. I also bought a pound of RL16 and RL23 back in Dec to try out as well. Good luck reloading for those three with that powder. If you haven't already Vihtavuori has a reloading app that will help you out.

Last edited:
I reload both .270 Win in a Weatherby Ultralight and also a Winchester Model to Super Grade and a 270 Weatherby Mag, in a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe Rifle. The Weatherby Ultralight is my GO TO whitetail deer rifle for my annual hunt in West Virginia and else where. I use 59.5 Grns of H 4831, with Nosler 130 Grn Ballistic tips, and Win LR Primers, in Light Win Cases. The books call it at 3050 fps. I just use 3000 fps for all the ballistic math. It has a Leupold VX3 2.5 to 8 power. I have only shot 7 deer in the past 10 or 11 seasons, but that load works so well on Whitetails !!!! I WILL NEVER CHANGE IT!!!! I separate all my Win .cases by weight, 3/10th of a grn . max. ( Example 186.0 to 186.3 ), I use an RCBS Rock Crusher for all De Priming and Resizing , I spend lots of time Chamfer and De Burring and Cleaning the inside of the case neck. Then all bullet seating is with Forster Micrometer Dies, in an RCBS Summit Press. The COAL and OGIVE for every round is checked. That's my Pet Whitetail Deer Load, in my favorite Whitetail Deer Rifle. The range has usually been under 125 Yards , up till now, and only once did I ever need a second shot . I'm 72 now and The Tri Focal Progressive glasses I wear are a Pain in the Butt. Isn't this stuff fun!!!! Good Luck again New Guy!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.