New/ first build

wjarrell

I have had an old Savage111 flat top blind mag sitting in my gun safe for several years and now I'm putting it to use. I've never built or had a someone build me a rifle, so this will be my first custom rifle. Hunting only deer sized game and shooting steel for fun. Today I order a Criterion barrel from northland, it's a 260 rem with a match chamber, 24" lite varmint contour. I'm going to put a Sightron s-tac 3-16x42 on top. I can't wait. I'm not sure what stock I'm going with yet but I know its not going to be a Mcmillan or Manners because they're too expensive for me. With the heavier contour and blind mag the only options I have are Boyd's or Bell and Carlson (open up the barrel channel on the B&C)

Sounds like a nice setup. I have been interested in the S Tac series Sightron scope. I have a SIII 8x32 and like it a lot. Think they are very good scopes.

I was going to go with the MOA reticle but I don't like the dot in the middle, so I went with the duplex reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.