New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll be sticking with my Sierra 220's mostly, which was my bullet of choice anyway.

If that is your choice of bullets for game, no problem, but I wouldn't rule out the Noslers because of their faulty advertising of b.c.'s. I try to shoot what I think is the best bullet for the job, even if I don't care for their style of PR. This is just my opinion, but if you are talking 220 matchkings for big game, I have found them to be one of the least reliable for expansion.....Rich

If that is your choice of bullets for game, no problem, but I wouldn't rule out the Noslers because of their faulty advertising of b.c.'s. I try to shoot what I think is the best bullet for the job, even if I don't care for their style of PR. This is just my opinion, but if you are talking 220 matchkings for big game, I have found them to be one of the least reliable for expansion.....Rich
Still might use the nosler 180 ballistic tip for deer but they did blow some big holes, no sure the penetration I would get on an elk. The Sierra match king, since I've used them on elk, have been one shot wonders without huge amounts of damage, just the right amount I guess. I won't rule out any bullet I can shoot a nice group with. Thanks elkaholic.

Still might use the nosler 180 ballistic tip for deer but they did blow some big holes, no sure the penetration I would get on an elk. The Sierra match king, since I've used them on elk, have been one shot wonders without huge amounts of damage, just the right amount I guess. I won't rule out any bullet I can shoot a nice group with. Thanks elkaholic.
oooops, I mistakenly said match king, I meant game king

oooops, I mistakenly said match king, I meant game king

I've shot a moose or two with the 250gr Sierra GameKing boat tail bullet from a .338 Win Mag. The lead core would separate from the jacket, but they performed well enough on moose. I will add that I never shot a moose with one at long range though.

Not sure if you mean 7mm ALRs are in the mail or some W3P 30 cal 155s are. Got lots of 7mm ALRs just don't have my 284 finished yet. Got a 308 that loves 155s though! Loves everything else I feed it too.

Its the W3P 155's are on the way.

I would imagine they would be ok, even though they probably wouldn't expand. I think there are better choices that would expand and with a higher b.c.
OK,what would you suggest in the 8mm (.323) caliber. I am looking at a potential antelope hunt in 2016 Hart Mt. SE Oregon, could be some REAL long range possibilities. I mean, the 220 grain game king BC is 521, not too bad I guess.

It's interesting to note that in the past few years there has been a whole lot of whining about the lack of long range type of projectiles in .375 caliber, some were even proclaiming they would build guns if ONLY there was such bullets available, Cutting Edge has provided us with proper bullets but most whined again, now it was about the length and cost of these bullets,
then we have guys complaining about bullets Hornady discontinued and Berger didn't make and Nosler exaggerated bc's and so on ,

a few months ago there were several threads on the need for new manufacturers offering improved bc bullets in 375, we even clashed on bullet weights and what 375 clan was more deserving, based on their favorite cartridges !

We now have in front of us what we have been demanding !
a new manufacturer offering the bullets we have been bitching about, and in bullet weights for every 375 cartridge that was discussed,

Where are you guys now ? How about some support in raising the minimum order in all bullet weights from 300 gr through 400 gr,
W3P even lowered their minimum order by 50% per weight to get this going.

I don't see Hornady, Berger or Nosler stepping up and helping us 375 shooters out, but rather a small outfit that heard our concerns and is willing to address them with a huge risk involved !

Some of you are concerned about the claimed bc values and that is a valid concern but I do not see anything out there even remotely close to being a long range type bullet in a jacketed lead core design for our 375 caliber guns,

I developed several 375 wildcats with the prospect of these types of bullets being available soon due to the popular discussions we have had here, that time is here now !

Some of you are concerned about the claimed bc values and that is a valid concern but I do not see anything out there even remotely close to being a long range type bullet in a jacketed lead core design for our 375 caliber guns,

I developed several 375 wildcats with the prospect of these types of bullets being available soon due to the popular discussions we have had here, that time is here now !
if you are looking for 300-400 grain bullets in a .375, you are wanting to really pound something hard. I think the idea might have been to not expect to pound anything that hard at 600+ yards away.
but the Sierra 300gn game king has a pretty decent ballistic coefficient anyway.

OK,what would you suggest in the 8mm (.323) caliber. I am looking at a potential antelope hunt in 2016 Hart Mt. SE Oregon, could be some REAL long range possibilities. I mean, the 220 grain game king BC is 521, not too bad I guess.

I missed the fact that you were shooting something in 8mm. This really limits your choices and I can see why you might be shooting the sierras. Normally, I would say A-Max, Berger, etc., but I don't think they even make them for the .323".......Rich

It's interesting to note that in the past few years there has been a whole lot of whining about the lack of long range type of projectiles in .375 caliber, some were even proclaiming they would build guns if ONLY there was such bullets available, Cutting Edge has provided us with proper bullets but most whined again, now it was about the length and cost of these bullets,
then we have guys complaining about bullets Hornady discontinued and Berger didn't make and Nosler exaggerated bc's and so on ,

a few months ago there were several threads on the need for new manufacturers offering improved bc bullets in 375, we even clashed on bullet weights and what 375 clan was more deserving, based on their favorite cartridges !

We now have in front of us what we have been demanding !
a new manufacturer offering the bullets we have been bitching about, and in bullet weights for every 375 cartridge that was discussed,

Where are you guys now ? How about some support in raising the minimum order in all bullet weights from 300 gr through 400 gr,
W3P even lowered their minimum order by 50% per weight to get this going.

I don't see Hornady, Berger or Nosler stepping up and helping us 375 shooters out, but rather a small outfit that heard our concerns and is willing to address them with a huge risk involved !

:D:D Well put! I think once the b.c. issues are straightened out on Johns bullets, people will really like the long range performance.....rich

Status
Not open for further replies.