New Boots

Redhawk

The time has come (again) to get another pair of boots. I'd like to try something new this time so I'd love to hear what you guys would suggest. My criteria is that they need to provide good ankle support, have good soles, keep my feet warm and dry, and not be extremely heavy. Basically, they need to be good for backpack hunting over mountainous, rocky terrain. And if they could happen to be less than $250 that would be icing on the cake. Thanks in advance.

I just got those exact boot except in camo. The camo pair was on sale for $169.99. So far I love them. Didn't need any breaking in. Also got the meindl cork insoles witch are also great. They might still be on sale.

I had a pair of those, extremely comfortable but they started leaking after two years !

I had a pair of those, extremely comfortable but they started leaking after two years !

I believe cabelas will stand behind them 100℅ . I brought back a cabelas knife sheave and they replaced it no questions asked 4 years old. I think the stand behind all there stuff that has there name on it.
If you still have them.
I bought 2 pairs. One set for hunting liked them so much bought a pair for work. And being a school bus mechanic I am not easy on boots. Yesterday I stood in water repairing our sand salt shed. No leaks 2 years old in December

Pi 20141120_123914.jpgI lace mine up a little different.basically skip the 2 ND one from top go right to top then back down under clip on tongue then around 2nd one down and tie it off. Don't pinch so much

Yeah I took mine back and traded up to the perfect hunters..been very pleased with them.

800 grams of insulation may be a little much. I think I prefer 400 grams and good wool socks, especially if the boots have a Gore-Tex lining. Good thing for me the ultra-lights come in 400, too. If I wear them while in a blind or stand I'll just bring along a pair of boot blankets. And to be honest, I think I might just go ahead and shell out the extra cash for the Cabelas "Perfekt" boots.

Cabela's won't warranty replace older boots. I had the soles fall off a pair of Cabela's Meindl Hunters. They were in pretty good shape because they hadn't been worn all that much. Good shape except that the soles delaminated and fell off. Cabela's said they were too old for warranty repair/replacement.

Perfects weigh 4.4 ultralights are 3.2 .I will try a pair of perfects next time I am up there to see what the extra 1.2 lbs feels like.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.