Hunting boots

Elk Crazy

I've had the crispi nevadas for 2 years, wear them every day at work I've put countless miles on them from work, shed hunting, and hunting. But they are a little warm when it's 60-70+ I was looking at the crispi Colorado 2.0 but I wanted to know how they do hiking around? how do they do when sidehilling

I wear the Summits for my "nocking around" and flat ground boots, but wear my Colorados in mountainous terrain. I think they are about perfect for this.
Sweet! yeah I tried the summits but where I live it's too steep and wasn't enough support. How long have you had them and are they the first colorados or 2.0

I can't speak to the Crispi, I found them too narrow for my feet…..

But as far as boots being too warm, I switch to non-insulated awhile back. It looks like the Nevada come in a 200g and a non insulated.

I personally use Kenetrek, but know Crispi is a good boot as well.

I wear non insulated year round. My feet sweat a lot and run hot. I can manage heat through socks. I use wigwam ultimax for day to day, and warm hunting. I switch to a sock liner + merino wool for winter.

You may try changing to a different sock to match the temperature rather than the boot, it works wel for me.

when my nevadas fall apart I'm definitely trying kenetrak mountain extremes. But thanks I'll try that. Is that the brand wigwam?

when my nevadas fall apart I'm definitely trying kenetrak mountain extremes. But thanks I'll try that. Is that the brand wigwam?
I have Kenetrek Extremes also and they are very nice, but heavy and all leather which makes them hot even in the un insulated model. Also, I find the sole material to be a bit on the soft side, which means after a short period of time they or the soles will need to be replaced…my experience anyway. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Yes, wigwam is the brand. The ones I wear the most are the Beacon Heights, but it's discontinued as far as I know. I stocked up when they went on clearance when i saw they weren't making them anymore.

I would imagine they have a comparable one today. They are lightweight hiking socks

REI brand hiking socks have been good too and they are in various weights. But there are other brands that perform very well and are quite a bit cheaper for every day socks than REI.

I work in construction and have the Kenetrek hard scrabble steel toe for daily wear. I wear the mountain extreme for hunting and around town in snowy weather. Good socks and good boots make a world of difference for happy feet :)

I've hunted early (around august) seasons SW AZ, the Mojave desert, south west Nevada, all over Utah, New Mexico etc.

So, around 80-110 degrees. I don't do boots. All hike ins, so I wear Altra's. My suggestion is getting out of the mentality that boots are mandatory gear.

I still recommend a good sock. Never cotton. I use lighter trek darn tough socks for the early season. They smell less than regular polyester socks.

As for as socks go, I wear the Darn Tough brand in their merino wool offering. They may appear to be a bit expensive, however if you wear a hole in them or if there is any other failure they replace them for free…and we all know the advantages of Merino wool.