Need Testers for New Berger 6mm 87 gr VLD Hunting

Bryan- thanks for your reply. i regularly shoot the 88s out of my 12 twist hart/rem 700; getting .1 .2 or .3 depending on me. i won the first 1000 yard match i shot in ; in 2001; with that bullet and barrel. i have a 10 twist sako , i killed a lot of deer with the 85 sierra bthp. looking forward to trying the new 87. roninflag

i have just loaded some hornady 87 gr bullets for my sako forrester with great results.would love to try the bergers and have submitted my info to michelle.thanks jim

Dud,

You mention loading the Hornady 87 gr and having great results. Can you post the specifics of your results? I am not trying to turn this into a Ford vs. Chevy debate but am rather interested in what is it that you consider great results from any bullet.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who emailed me about this test! We have received more than enough responses, and will be contacting the volunteers shortly. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this (or any other) bullet!

Thanks,
Michelle Gallagher
Berger Bullets

Thanks Eric

I buy my Berger bullets from the authorised supplier here in Australia. Out sourcing is the only real option we have?

Its simply frustrating not being able to get supply after extended waiting periods
and some products never make our shores. Yes, I accept you cant make enough at times. In todays economic times I think that every manufacturer should have such a problem!

for everyone my results with the 87 gr. hornady were in the 1/4 to 1/2 inch at 200 yds.i was using h4350 cci 200 rem once fired cases out of a 1962 sako forrester,23 1/2 factory tube.87gr. was getting 3100fps.

Not at this point. Michelle has relayed that we have plenty of shooters to choose from and I want to thank everyone for their participation. I am not certain where Michelle is in the selection process but those who are selected either have been or will soon be notified.

Remember that it is our goal to have these bullets shot in a variety of situations so if you are not picked it has nothing to do with our opinion of your capabilities as a shooter. We are keeping track of those who are selected and as future opportunities to test our bullets come up we will make sure to spread it around to those who did not get a chance in previous tests.

Regards,
Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.