Need Testers for New Berger 6mm 87 gr VLD Hunting

Did anyone ever hear anything back?

I have sent numerous emails with no reply and I never got my free bullets either.

Anyone else??

Please send an email to [email protected] and/or [email protected] with the details of your situation. If you are owed bullets because you were part of the original test group and you turned in a report before the deadline we will make sure you get them. I would very much like to know to who you sent your earlier emails as well.

This particular testing situation has ended and everyone involved should have received the bullets owed to them by now (or months ago). It is important to mention that bullets are sent only to those who are selected as testers and turn in a report by the deadline.

Regards,
Eric

The 87 grainers continue to shoot great and using them now at varmints.

Remxp100, Berger is very good with their customer service and I am sure they will take care of you if you send an email to the addresses Eric listed. Berger did everything they said they would for me during the test and I was very happy with the bullets.

Thanks Eric - email on the way.

I love the Berger line and these were great bullets.

I will forward my emails that went back and forth for you to read as well as the report.

Thanks again!

Dan

Dan,

We were able to determine that between a change in personnel and a lack of follow up, your situation had slipped between the cracks.

I am sorry for this failure and will make sure that we get bullets to you right away. Melesia has sent you an email asking for clarification on which bullets you want since you can choose any bullets from our line. Once we have this detail the bullets will be shipped ASAP.

Thank you for your testing efforts and for taking the time to make us aware of this situation. Let me know if you if this is not completely resolved in the next few days.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
Eric - thanks for the extremely quick reply and I have already gotten an email to take care of it.

Sorry I had taken so long getting back to this but starting the gun shop up has taken all my time and the whole thing had slipped my mind.

I would have emailed back but since I had posted here and others are curious, I want to be sure to publicly thank you for being so prompt.

You guys (and gals) at Berger have always been first class.

Thanks,

Dan

How's This?

This is a target my cousin sent me the other day. I told him about the new bullet, and he has been looking for something for his Cooper 6-284. It has a slow twist, and he has only been able to shoot light bullets in it with any success. It absolutely loves the 87v-max, but he wants something to hunt with also. He has not had a lot of time to load this year, but has tried several loads. He had a chance to go out where he could stretch it out last week, and this is the result. I believe the load it 53.7g-4831, (not absolutely sure), and the distance is 500yds. Chono says a little over 3400.

Justin-87_Berger.jpg

I think an inch and a quarter at 500 will do nicely! I can't believe this is only a 3min come-up also. He said he will try a couple of different seating depths, but no more tinkering than that. To say he is happy is an understatement!

Thank you for the feedback. It's great when things work out like they should. Takes a pretty good shooter to put them down range that small even when the bullets are working good. Great shooting.

Regards,
Eric

How's This?

This is a target my cousin sent me the other day. I told him about the new bullet, and he has been looking for something for his Cooper 6-284. It has a slow twist, and he has only been able to shoot light bullets in it with any success. It absolutely loves the 87v-max, but he wants something to hunt with also. He has not had a lot of time to load this year, but has tried several loads. He had a chance to go out where he could stretch it out last week, and this is the result. I believe the load it 53.7g-4831, (not absolutely sure), and the distance is 500yds. Chono says a little over 3400.

Justin-87_Berger.jpg

I think an inch and a quarter at 500 will do nicely! I can't believe this is only a 3min come-up also. He said he will try a couple of different seating depths, but no more tinkering than that. To say he is happy is an understatement!

What is the twist ? I shoot a 6x284 I've pushed 87gr V-maxs to 3600 with Re#17 and 10" twist. BTW that's some good shooting.

I think he said it is a 12 twist, maybe 14. Shoots the light stuff like no tommorrow. I will get a confirmation on the load later. He is sort of a "student" of mine. I think I taught him too much! :)

I am putting together a .243 ackley. It has a 1:10 twist in a 26" barrel. I am looking forward to trying the Berger 87gr. vld. Would anyone have a good starting load?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.