need some help.. with my sendero sf II 7mm rum?

wyhuntin12

Iv looked around and read alot of other threads and only a few guys actually have the sendero sf II 7rum.. im shooting test loads now and it seems to shoot ok.. but im hoping someone may have one and atually likes it.. all iv heard is how poorly they shoot. one guy even sent it back to remington... And i know that remington diss continued this model. Its kinda a scary thought.. maybe i paid 1200 for a gun that wont shoot.. any help from anyone who has one or had one would be awesome..

Iv looked around and read alot of other threads and only a few guys actually have the sendero sf II 7rum.. im shooting test loads now and it seems to shoot ok.. but im hoping someone may have one and atually likes it.. all iv heard is how poorly they shoot. one guy even sent it back to remington... And i know that remington diss continued this model. Its kinda a scary thought.. maybe i paid 1200 for a gun that wont shoot.. any help from anyone who has one or had one would be awesome..
I bought a new CDL in 7 rum in November. Well, long story short, it did not shoot well at at. No consistency what so ever. It found another zip code. My STW's out shoot it hands down. Someone on here, just sent a 7 rum back to the factory, and they offered him a new gun in a different caliber. They would not, or could not fix his. I think that they are going to drop the 7 rum. I do not know this for sure, but the writing is on the wall. My opinion is that the 7 rum is just TOOOOOOO much of a good thing. I bought mine just as a curiosity thing. I am cured. I feel your pain. I am a 7 mm crank from way back, but I feel that the 7 rum is doomed by design. Waaaaay to much powder for the bullet size. The STW is as much overbore as I think a 7 can be, and still function, and have reasonable barrel life. Good luck, and take care.

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL.lightbulb 7 STW

Mine shot well right away, sub MOA groups with Remington factory 140 gr. CLU's and old stock 140 gr. Nosler partitions. I wanted better groups and had a smith square the action except the bolt face, install a thicker lug (Holland) and add a rifle basics trigger adjusted to 2 #. It shot better, but got much better results with hand loads. I could not get Berger 168 gr. VLD's to shoot well at all regardless of powder or seating depth. Hornaday 162 gr. SST's shot well and I am trying some 190 gr. Matrix VLD's which are turning in some great groups with Retumbo. Unfortunately my chrono was not reading velocity. I think that I can get close to 3000 fps. or slightly higher with Retumbo. I went up to 85 gr. of Retumbo and have loaded a few more with 86-87 gr. in hopes that the chrono will work correctly. My smallest group was slightly over 0.3" at 100 yards. Try the above, if your barrel and trigger are good a competent smith should be able to square the action and bed the lug to improve your groups.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.