Sendero SF II ~ Trigger ?

rooster721

I just picked up a sendero in 264wm.. been watching for one since remington dropped the calibre. Anyhow, had it out for sight-in yesterday and was pretty disapointed in the trigger on that rifle. I turned it down as light as it'll go, and to me (compared to my other rigs) it's gotta be all of a pound heavier.. I'm sure no lighter than maybe 3lbs* (didn't test the weight) But is OBVIOUSLY heavier than my 2lb sets on other rifles...

What I'd like to know, is how tough it would be to switch that trigger out for a jewell or otherwise..? AND, as a sidenote: what else are you guys doing to these rifles to tune-in to perform at their peak??

Obviously a bed-job would be #1 (I would think) ...but is it neccesary in the sendero ? What kind of accuracy are you all getting (with AND without/before or after) bedding them ??

Interested to hear what you all have to say on this.. to be clear, I handload all my ammo and do shoot regularily long-range -- targets and hunting. Intend to use this one as my target gun above all else. Save my customs (and their barrels) for hunting rather than the extra-wear excessive target-shooting/practice will inflict in them* Generally shoot to 700/800... longest out to 1200 far as distance goes

All newer Remingtons have that *** x-mark pro trigger. It's a piece of junk, and should be replaced immediately.

I prefer the old style Remington triggers, as they are MUCH higher quality and can actually be adjusted to feel great, and break-over like glass.

Timney makes a pretty nice trigger. I think the best bang for the buck...Its around half the price of a jewel and works well on hunting rifles... Jewels have to be the nicest though. Add a bedding job and a trigger and the sendero is ready to go. ... dgarrett

Before you go replacing it, talk to a local gunsmith. Myself and two other buddies got senderos at the same time, and one of my friends took his in to have a trigger job done, and set at 2#. It is night and day between his and mine. The trigger feels and functions phenomenally. That could also be a reflection of the gunsmiths work, but worth looking into.

Before you go replacing it, talk to a local gunsmith. Myself and two other buddies got senderos at the same time, and one of my friends took his in to have a trigger job done, and set at 2#. It is night and day between his and mine. The trigger feels and functions phenomenally. That could also be a reflection of the gunsmiths work, but worth looking into.

I did the same with my Sendero, followed by a couple of other Remingtons. After a trip to the gunsmith my Sendero has a much nicer trigger than any of my Timneys.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.