Need some advice on picking a scale.

what size is the x ring and what distance.
5 shot GROUPS and score
i said PRECISION, not random shots at steel.

Now we are having issues with reading comprehension. It never stops with you does it? I told you to shoot my rifle, my ammo, and do it wherever you want. You said the way I load, I will get "ran". Since you are the almighty 600yd national champion of some discipline, it's only fair that you shoot the rifle. Obviously I want the best shooting it. Which discipline was that? Also go ahead and post your medals, plaques, and stuff for everyone to see. We need to know what it takes to be a 600 yd national champ.

What I did was get one of those basic reloading kits that included a beam scale. Then I got the Lyman weights to check my scale. I've also picked up back up beam scales on the cheap at yard sales or classified adds. And for speed I bought a PACT scale, but there are numerous electronic scales. Nothing fancy or expensive. But it's kept me safe and I've made some excellent loads.

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION
more tap dancing
why would i want to shoot your ammo ??
(in case you forgot the question)
what size is the x ring and what distance.
5 shot GROUPS and score
i said PRECISION, not random shots at steel.

Now we are having issues with reading comprehension. It never stops with you does it? I told you to shoot my rifle, my ammo, and do it wherever you want. You said the way I load, I will get "ran". Since you are the almighty 600yd national champion of some discipline, it's only fair that you shoot the rifle. Obviously I want the best shooting it. Which discipline was that? Also go ahead and post your medals, plaques, and stuff for everyone to see. We need to know what it takes to be a 600 yd national champ.

AND YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION
more tap dancing
why would i want to shoot your ammo ??

Once again, reading comprehension. You told me I will be "ran" in precision rifle shooting because of the lack of prep in my reloading procedures. I want you to shoot my rifle and ammo so you can see I won't be ran. Just because someone doesn't do it the same as a "600 yard national champion" doesn't mean it's wrong. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Also please post pics of said national championship.

back To original question: I recommend a despensing scale like rcbs lite. You will use it a lot and never regret purchase even if you later move on to absurdly priced equipment later. For 300yds it will be great. Benchrest shooters out to 200yds anyway use thrown charges. Years ago I shot M14 with Ammo loaded on a Dillion 550 for high power out to 600yds. Every test with Ohler chrono showed amazing consistency which 'seemed" to beat my weighed charges but of course was more susceptible to rare outlier. I always like to have a mechanical balance scale backup. If I get suspicious of my digital I test against my mechanical and check weights. I have weights in ranges of my most typical charges. I bought an old ohaus off eBay and modified it to enable a very good degree of accuracy and precision. Unless you are OCD spend more time shooting and having fun. If you are a nurd at heart get Quickload software.

Oh, one more thing. Once you build up your cash again come back and ask these guys which chronograph to buy! I feel like I'm flying blind without one. My lapua takes 2-3 gr more powder to reach same velocities (& pressure) as most of loads quoted on these forums and without chrono I'd never have known. Now if I could only get my 260r to shoot—it teases going from good to great but.......

I'm using the cheapy Caldwell. But I like it. I suspect it is reading alittle fast. But I check all my come ups at distance so it doesn't really matter, it's a good guideline and it's fun.

talk about lack of reading comprehension !
what i said was "you will be an also ran"
as in just results fodder, not a top finisher.
YOU STILL ARE TAP DANCING
HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE BASIC MATCH QUESTIONS
YOU KNOW THINGS LIKE DISTANCE, SIZE OF X RING, SIZE OF 10 RING

Once again, reading comprehension. You told me I will be "ran" in precision rifle shooting because of the lack of prep in my reloading procedures. I want you to shoot my rifle and ammo so you can see I won't be ran. Just because someone doesn't do it the same as a "600 yard national champion" doesn't mean it's wrong. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Also please post pics of said national championship.

i missed the name calling ?
i agree with your basic statement.
also way too many opinions on electronics based on the PAST.
not on today.
Hey Moderators, this post is going nowhere and turned into a name calling and p....ing contest with no further useful purpose. How about closing this post or clean it up!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.