need some advice

browningvarmintwssm

i have a a-bolt varmint 243 wssm wearing a nikon 6-20x44 it will shoot hornady 100 grain SPBT pretty good if i do my part (.75 or better 5 shot @ 100yds) but i have heard that these guns will shoot the 80-95 grain bullets better. i didn't know if any of you guys would recommend some good loads. i was thinking about useing these bullets - horady 95gr. SST, barnes triple shock 85gr., swift scirocco 90gr., or hornady interbond 85gr. from all the charts i looked at the 90-95gr bullets all were flatter and also had more energy out to about 400yds past that the heavier ones were better. but down here in NC it's really tough to get a long shot. the only place i could go out past 300yds would be on the powerlines. but i believe my rifle has a 1-10 twist and i just heard the medium sized bullets shot the best. so what i'm wanting to know is which one of those bullets would be the flatest and most accurate shooting, while still have enough power for deer (the don't get too big around here) thanks!

I don't load for the 243 wssm but I havn't had good luck shooting barns bullets or Swift Scicciro's for accuracy in my rifles (30-06 and 300wsm). The only reason I mention it is because I was told to try out Nosler or Sierra's for better accuracy when I did some local inquiring.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.