Need Opinions and Ideas for new 338 Edge Finish

Ddwarren

gun)Hey Guys,
Shawn is currently building a 338 Edge for me out of my 700PSS. He is adding a detachable mag, 30" barrel with break, 5.5X22X56 Nightforce, etc, etc. I havent decided what to go with on finish and wanted some input from you guys. Below are some potential ideas from friends and I would enjoy seeing ideas from you as well. I shoot over a WIDE variety of terrains (Coyote hunting in the snow back in Colorado last week, in the high desert in Texas this weekend, Elk and Muley hunting in the pines and quakeys and whitetail hunting in the cactus) so I cant match it directly to a terrain. Thanks Again!!!

surgeon-6.jpg

picture232.jpg

Thanks Chris. It looks great! Did you do it yourself or send it out? How hard is it to do the bipod?

Hi Flyingtxn,

Yes, I did it myself.
Bipod, or stock, or barrel is the same level of complexity.

For this particulary pattern, I cleaned the oil out form stock, barrel, bipod, and cover the action, trigger, and bolt with tape.
- sprayed the baze color (brown)
- let it dry for 15 min
- using a pine branch as model (or any leaf, grass or combination) just hold them on top of the stock, barrell, bipod and spray on top with the second color (gray)
- let it dry for 15min
- with the same pattern (leaf or pine branch) spray the 3rd layer with white.
Use just a little touch, not to much.
- done.

Chris

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.