Need Input on Custom Rifle Components

Personally I'd go suppressor and am, Ultra 7. Currently nearing the end of my semi custom tikka 7SAUM build. Plenty of cheaper options for scopes that will get the job done. However, sounds like you're wanting that March pretty bad. It might be that you need to look at a different suppressor.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and I believe it was with Silencer Central. You can purchase from them in installment payments while you wait for your form 4 to clear. Although, I don't think they have Thunderbeast. Pretty hard to front $1k+ and not have it in your hands for potentially a year.

I'm just following the get what you really want philosophy on this rifle. Waiting is part of the game I'm playing. I'm not a collector. I just seem to fill gaps and upgrade my rifles at my age. I really appreciate everyone's input. At this point I am staying the course with the brake and buy a suppressor down the road. Probably not the best financial decision as the Titanium brake and contouring work is $320.

After personally losing 1/2 my hearing from years of shooting I would definitely invest in the suppressor! If you have children or grandchildren it is such a pleasant experience introducing them to rifles with suppressors. the wait is absolutely worth it, if i can help with your TBAC purchase get with me!

I anticipated getting differing views. I am really conflicted at this point. I guess I have too much time on my hands right now. Weight and balance is important to me. Although I do not have personal experience with suppressors in a hunting scenario, I have a great deal of experience with brakes. I like the recoil reduction and ability to get back on target quickly with brakes, but I don't like the concussion and blast effect. A 24" barrel with a 7" suppressor may present more problems than benefit in most of my hunting situations. Since I've got my mind pretty much set on the March F 3-24X52, I will continue down that path. Maybe I will sell that Browning 308 and buy the suppressor. Maybe not….. There are too many things I want to experience and everyone of them take a basket full of $$$ and come with compromise.
Good answer. You won't be disappointed with the March.

If you're going with the March 3-24x52 you could go used. I bought one for 2200 in the past and sold it for the same. All I was out was the shipping. When you said 3000 for the scope I thought you were taking about the new 4.5-28. If you're patient and jump on one when you see it you can find 3-24 closer to 2k than 3k

Buy the NX8 unless u really need a more expensive scope. Get electronic muffs and double up with plugs at the range.

The March F 3-24x52 (illuminated) is listing for $2821.50 right now on Europtic. Add sales tax I'm over $3k. It makes since to shop around. Illumination for me is important as there are opportunities in the dark woods on low power. The only thing I don't like about March is the 10 year warranty from date of manufacture. It is right at my max weight limit.

After personally losing 1/2 my hearing from years of shooting I would definitely invest in the suppressor! If you have children or grandchildren it is such a pleasant experience introducing them to rifles with suppressors. the wait is absolutely worth it, if i can help with your TBAC purchase get with me!
I'll reach out when I wrap my head around this. The barrel you sent me is at the GS. Hopefully, the Mesa stock will show up soon. I need something to fondle until my action arrives. I know this sounds weird, but sometimes you need reinforcement when waiting on a build.

I'm sure you have multiple rifles. Sell the one you don't use and get both.
This is exactly what I was thinking from the start of this read! Make it the rifle of your dreams and shoot it at everything from squirrels to elk… and love every minute of it! Life is too short! I see a lot of guys with money in the safe that doesn't shoot at this or that or is just for something. Sell them all and build the of your dreams.

This is exactly what I was thinking from the start of this read! Make it the rifle of your dreams and shoot it at everything from squirrels to elk… and love every minute of it! Life is too short! I see a lot of guys with money in the safe that doesn't shoot at this or that or is just for something. Sell them all and build the of your dreams.
I have reduced my stable of rifles over the past several years. I'm down to what I will call a purpose built collection now. I do have a 7RM Bergara HMR that is relatively new. I was looking at it earlier with the thought of letting it go. Then I looked at the brass and other components I have collected and just put it back in the safe. The 280ai will fill this gap if I let it go, but I have always liked the 7RM.

Suppressor with $2k glass vs no suppressor and $3k glass....

I'm going with suppressor all day. You can use the suppressor on multiple rifles. Suppressor makes everything more pleasant except for added length and weight, but it's worth it to me.

The other thing I've found in life is that if there's something I just gotta have and budget doesn't allow it, I can usually find something (another gun for example) that I already have and don't want as bad as the new thing, so I sell something to fund a new purchase.