need help

Now that you mention it, liltank, I would very much like to find a truly cheap mil dot scope that has turrets really capable of being cranked on.

Gary

Now that you mention it, liltank, I would very much like to find a truly cheap mil dot scope that has turrets really capable of being cranked on.

Gary

Thats been my question the whole time. I guess I should have been more clear as to exactly what I was looking for haha

After shooting my uncle's 300RUM with a millet 4-16X56 I went and bought one. I put it on my RUM for about 500 rounds shooting from 100 to 800 yards and cranking the heck out of the elevation knob. About 6 months ago I got a new 7RM so I pulled the scope off the RUM and put on that gun. I am around 8 to 9 hundred rounds through this rifle shooting out to 1200 yards. I always turn the knob for elevation and if I stop shooting even for just 5 to 10 minutes I rezero just incase I dont shoot again. This scope has tracked back to zero perfectly every time. I would recomend this scope and have to several friends that are also on a budget. As for only being 16x, I recently went shooting and was using 4inch clay targets at 1100 yards. None of us there had any problems finding the targets and busting them with my rifle. Hope this helps you.

It's funny that you should mention this scope I was just looking at this scope and found a good deal on it what does everyone think about it? it's a MILLETT 6-25X56 Mil-dot

Not to confuse the readers any more, but I talked with Matt the other day at Wonders optics and after about 45min on the phone with him I'm seriously considering one of his wotac scopes

Won't get any argument from me on the Millet. I seriously considered one, but didn't get it then (2yrs ago) because they only offered it in 1/8MOA adjustments. It's nice to see they have gone to 1/4MOA. Go for it. As for WOTAC, I don't know anything about them.

Tank

From what I've read and heard they track excellent and the clarity it top notch. I believe the 4-14x50 is 1/4 moa with over 100 moa of elevation.
It's a small business with great customer service

Your problem is that you are asking for way too much and you are gonna have to settle for now. Not being snobby just speaking from experience as I usually have to do the same. For starters, you are asking for way too much power in the lower priced scopes. I wouldn't go over 14-16x. I think your best bet is to find a mildot scope or the likes and learn to use the reticle. That way you don't have to worry about the turrets not tracking or returning to zero. Then about the only thing that can go wrong is it won't hold zero...which you should check often.
With that said, there are some decent scopes out there for a fella on a budget. The Nikon BuckMasters is one and so are most Weaver products. I bought a Nitrex TR2 2-10 to put on a sporterized 1903 Springfield to be my woods rifle. After checking the turret adjustments I was pretty impressed and put it on my heavy barreled 7 mag. For a little over $100 (after rebate) you aren't gonna beat the glass and turrets. It is the same thing as the Weaver Super Slam, and you get the same warranty. As impressed as I am with this thing it has not proven itself yet and I wouldn't trust it on a hunt of a lifetime. Maybe I should put it on my .338 and see if it'll hold up. They also have models with a drop compensating reticle if you don't trust the turrets.

Well all I know at this point is I want 16-18x and a mil-dot rectical. That being said throw out some suggestions. Ohh yea and under $300:)

Last edited:
My biggest concern on the crossfire is the price. I would like to know why they are selling $200 scopes for $99? What's wrong with them?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.