Need HELP

yamikidR1

Ok so 2 weeks ago i size about 50 shells/primed and today i load a few rounds up. when i went to chamber them they wouldnt go couldnt close the bolt. So i tried to chamber a empty resized case it went prefectly. But as soon as i seated a bullet it wouldnt chamber. I have loaded 40 rounds before and still had a few around so i tried on of them and they chambered just like they should. The gun is a 338 Rum and i am using RCBS dies and equipment first load was accubond 180 the ones i cant get are 225 but think it is the bullet choich because I still had a few 180s left and tried them with no luck. I even tried resizing brand new brass and couldnt get anything to work???? sorry about grammer but i am ****ed, any help out there???
Thanks

I dont think you are seating the bullets in far enough, they are hitting the lands before the bolt closes. Try seating a bullet in an empty case to the same depth, if it doesnt chamber seat it in farther and see if it does. I would get a stoney point it helps.

thanks for the quick reply mikebob but i found that i had the seater die down to far so i was crushing the case just a little but that little bit was enough, so here is my next question how do i go about pulling the bullets and can i use the bullets again and also how do i go about resizing the primed cases?
Thanks
Longy

You can reuse the bullets if you didn't crush them, you will have to get a bullet puller there are differ kinds I use the hammer type. It catches the powder to. I just chamber the cases and fire the primer but since you cant chamber them I might try taking the decapping rod out or just the pin so you can use the ball.

If you could find someone with a redding body die it might......maybe......straighten out the damage on your loaded cases. I use them on loaded ammo to size down shoulders for guns with tighter chambers from time to time.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.