Need HELP

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by yamikidR1, Nov 6, 2007.

1. yamikidR1

yamikidR1 Member

Ok so 2 weeks ago i size about 50 shells/primed and today i load a few rounds up. when i went to chamber them they wouldnt go couldnt close the bolt. So i tried to chamber a empty resized case it went prefectly. But as soon as i seated a bullet it wouldnt chamber. I have loaded 40 rounds before and still had a few around so i tried on of them and they chambered just like they should. The gun is a 338 Rum and i am using RCBS dies and equipment first load was accubond 180 the ones i cant get are 225 but think it is the bullet choich because I still had a few 180s left and tried them with no luck. I even tried resizing brand new brass and couldnt get anything to work???? sorry about grammer but i am pissed, any help out there???
    Thanks

2. mikebob

mikebob Well-Known Member

I dont think you are seating the bullets in far enough, they are hitting the lands before the bolt closes. Try seating a bullet in an empty case to the same depth, if it doesnt chamber seat it in farther and see if it does. I would get a stoney point it helps.

3. yamikidR1

yamikidR1 Member

thanks for the quick reply mikebob but i found that i had the seater die down to far so i was crushing the case just a little but that little bit was enough, so here is my next question how do i go about pulling the bullets and can i use the bullets again and also how do i go about resizing the primed cases?
    Thanks
    Longy

4. mikebob

mikebob Well-Known Member

You can reuse the bullets if you didn't crush them, you will have to get a bullet puller there are differ kinds I use the hammer type. It catches the powder to. I just chamber the cases and fire the primer but since you cant chamber them I might try taking the decapping rod out or just the pin so you can use the ball.

5. kraky

kraky Well-Known Member

If you could find someone with a redding body die it might......maybe......straighten out the damage on your loaded cases. I use them on loaded ammo to size down shoulders for guns with tighter chambers from time to time.