Need Help! Which Caliber?

You can use Cerrosafe to check a chamber. Shove a tight patch from the muzzle end, heat barrel slightly, melt Cerrosafe and pour it in. It will harden and at that point you can push it out thru the action. You now have a chamber cast and can take measurements, see freebore, etc. There are plenty of videos on YouTube, I use it every time i get a new gun, just to check chamber length and freebore.

matt

Just bought a 1988 Weatherby Mark V, from cabela's and I thought it was a .300 Weatherby Magnum and not a .300 Win Mag. I am pretty sure it is a .300 Weatherby Magnum, but not 100% sure. Please tell me what caliber it is. Thank you!
It is a weatherby. If it was a win it would not say to use only weatherby

Right Dave...didnt read far enough! 99% certain Make that 99.9 it's Weatherby 300. Weatherby never made outside caliber guns in Mark 5s in the 50s- 2000 that I'm aware of and have Never Made ammunition for any calibers but their own.....barrel says...Weatherby Only!!

WBTY offerings in standard chamberings.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.