Need Help on rings

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by COUNTRY, Apr 25, 2011.

1. COUNTRY

COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Hey guys

I just got a 6.5-20x50 leupold it the LR model and was wandering what rings I would need use? High or extra high also what brand?

I was going to buy the leupold QRW 30mm highs do you think these will work ok?

Thanks Country

2. bassin93

bassin93 Well-Known Member

I have med-high nightforce on my sendero with the 8.5-25x50 LR and they are too high. I don't have an adjustable cheek piece on it yet and can not get a good cheek weld. If you do not have a adj cheekpiece I would not put anything higher then meds.

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Given the section you posted in I think you will be much better off with an SPR mount from one of these companys. Nightforce, larue, Barbro, American defence machine or leupold. The hot mount now is the barbro

4. pwrdbycotn

pwrdbycotn Well-Known Member

I have the same scope and I used high NF ultralite rings and the objective bell clears the handguard by about 1/8".

5. COUNTRY

COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info guys, the gun is a ar15 with a2 stock and 20in ss barrel. I tryed a set of the ultra light NF mounts the other nite and they were touching the rifle lenth moe magpul hand guards so they must be the med and I will try and find a set of highs as I do like these ring.

Thanks Country