Need help on choosing rings

TrentK16

Hi guys Im looking for some advice on which 30mm rings to get, I am new to long range shooting but not new to shooting. I know theres a million different choices, and the research I have done I know I wanna stay away from rings with inserts. Any advice would be a great help, thanks.

Trent

I just picked up a leupold mark 4 et/r m5. and I have a browing abolt 7mm rem mag. I know im limited on the more limited on the 20 moa 1 piece bases because the abolts are not as commons. theres just a millions rings available and they all look very similiar. and thank you fearnowind I'll take a look at those.

Yeah the Leupolds are on my list of potentially buying. I just wanted to get some options. I wasnt sure if some of the cheaper options will hold up as well as the more expensive ones. Or it was kind of you get what you pay for sort of thing.

I personally think rings are a "get what you pay for" subject. Now, having said that, I've ran several sets of the Burris XTR's with zero issues.... Keep in mind that I have not bought any in several years.

In my humblest opinion, the best rings money can buy are found here:

M10 Scope Rings and Mounts

My next option would be here, in titanium if you so desire: (they also offer bases for your Browning & will custom make any MOA cant you ask for).

MurphyPrecision.com - Scope Bases, Rings, and Assorted Shooting Accessories.

Next it would be a fairly level playing field with:

NightForce
Badger
Leupold MK4
Seekins
Vortex (Made by Seekins)

Lastly, I would look here:

Burris XTR
Burris Zee
etc

t

I personally think rings are a "get what you pay for" subject. Now, having said that, I've ran several sets of the Burris XTR's with zero issues.... Keep in mind that I have not bought any in several years.

In my humblest opinion, the best rings money can buy are found here:

M10 Scope Rings and Mounts

My next option would be here, in titanium if you so desire: (they also offer bases for your Browning & will custom make any MOA cant you ask for).

MurphyPrecision.com - Scope Bases, Rings, and Assorted Shooting Accessories.

Next it would be a fairly level playing field with:

NightForce
Badger
Leupold MK4
Seekins
Vortex (Made by Seekins)

Lastly, I would look here:

Burris XTR
Burris Zee
etc

t
Thank you for the info. Im gonna take a look into both of those!

I've got a drawer full of bases and rings that I no longer use. There's every make and model in there. I finally bit the bullet and changed all my rifles to the same mounting systems. Every rifle has a steel picatinny one-piece base in either 10, 20 or 40 MOA, along with a set of steel picatinny rings. My favorite brand is Nightforce, but I'll also buy Badger or Leupold Mk 4. These brands are fairly expensive but you do get what you pay for. You can also find the on eBay if you keep an eye out.
Buy once, cry once. I've got enough old removed rings in that drawer to have paid for the good stuff. Do it right the first time.

I've got a drawer full of bases and rings that I no longer use.....
Buy once, cry once. I've got enough old removed rings in that drawer to have paid for the good stuff. Do it right the first time.

It sounds like you & I have a lot in common. They are expensive, but you only have to buy them once.

t

I've got a drawer full of bases and rings that I no longer use. There's every make and model in there. I finally bit the bullet and changed all my rifles to the same mounting systems. Every rifle has a steel picatinny one-piece base in either 10, 20 or 40 MOA, along with a set of steel picatinny rings. My favorite brand is Nightforce, but I'll also buy Badger or Leupold Mk 4. These brands are fairly expensive but you do get what you pay for. You can also find the on eBay if you keep an eye out.

Haha yeah this is what Im hoping to avoid. Im glad I asked. Thank you guys for your help. Im going to spend a little more money up front and get some that will hold up versus the cheap route and having to replace them. Thanks again for all the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.