Help Choosing a stock

jstuck624

hey guys sorry if im in the wrong place to post this but i wasnt sure where it would fit best? any way i would like to upgrade the standard hogue overmolded stock that came on my rem 700 sps tactical 308. ive been looking at the bell and carlson tactical medalist a5 fully adjustable stock or perhaps the tactical medalist style 2. my question is what would i need to do to make this stock work with my rifle. just order the stock and drop it in? does it come with an aluminum bedding block? or would i need to get one. i heard that my sps comes standard with a plastic bedding? and what would i need to do to make my rifle accept a magazine? sorry for the all questions im new to the long range shooting. but am hoping to learn as much as possible.

the B&C medalist stocks come with the aluminum bedding block and chassis and will just bolt in with no fitting using your excisting hardware screws floorplate follower etc. as for bottom medal with a detachable mag that is seperate. it also should just bolt on with little or no fitting but expect to pay another 250$ plus for a good one Wyatts, or accuracy international If your gonna go threw the trouble of changing the stock you could glass bed your new B&C and make it perfect. I used the score high pro bed 2000 kit on my Medalist stock and watched a few videos on you tube to learn how. It was pretty easy and made a huge improvment...... I went with the style 2 and its great I dont really care for the contoured palm swell of the a5 stiyle but it does have all those ajustable features. anyway good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.