Need help from nightforce pro please

Maina

I'm looking for info on this scope
Nightforce NXS 30 mm Tube 5.5x 22 x 56 mm hi speed zero stop
Now there seems to be 5 models I'm looking at but they seem to be all the same ?
Reticle 1000
HV.5
HVM
HVM.5
UHV
UHV.5
?

Now why I'm looking at this scope is most shots are under 500 yards and the scope even had numbers by them so when shots are fast and you know the yards its aim and shoot . But the turrets are moa if I do want to range out with my g7 range finder and spin turrets . Most shots I will have are seconds . So this is what I need ?

I'm by no means an expert, but I've found a way of doing things that works for my situation, which seems similar to yours.

I went with the MOAR reticle instead of a velocity reticle, because to me it's more flexible as far as being able to switch to different guns and calibers. I shoot a 7 Rem Mag and the majority of my shots on game are under 500 yards as well. I sight my rifle in at 100 yards and set the zero stop. When I'm hunting in areas that are likely to present quick opportunities at distances over 200 yards I turn my elevation up to 2 moa or so when I get set up. Ideally whatever your max point blank is for your caliber is what you would dial to, or relatively close. With your 300 Ultra you should be able to use this method to get you close to that 500 yard mark without having to hold any higher than the top of the back of a deer sized target. It's all going to depend on the ballistics of your load to determine just how far that method will work for you.

I'm not saying this is the right way to do it or the only way, but for me it's the quickest and easiest.

That isn't much insight on your velocity reticle question, but more an alternative to it if you think you'll ever use the scope on multiple guns. You mentioned that you had a G7 and with that alone being said the MOAR reticle will be a perfect fit with that. I hope this helps. Good luck.

I have the uhv.5 velocity 1000 on my 6.5 Dakota. had to cut a few grains out to match reticle but the scope works very well,however you need to realize that the reticle is only good at 22 power so that is a hinderance if you want to turn down for some closer shots. It is sweet to just range and shoot rather than dialing the turret every time which is a pain if the target is moving and changing ranges.my 2 cents

Thanks everyone ! I'm going with the nightforce NXS 5.5 22x56. Moa . With my g7 range finder I can make my own tape marks any weather any day any spot . On the pole lines and be on fast . Thanks for all the help !

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.