Need scope help...please =[

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Just bought a remington xr-100 22-250

looking for opinions on scope choices

will be mainly shooting paper and dogs from 200 out to the occasional 500.

Looking at either the nikon monarch 6.5-20 50
499.00 from the samplelist

or a local shop has a leo vx-l 4.5-14 56
on sale for 679

any help would be greatly appreciated
as i am rather green in this area

GR8FUL DOUG has a NIB demo Ziess in 4.5-14 x56 on sale for $600.

Other retailers also have some great deals on Demo NIB Ziess products.

I think the Monarch is too dark
I personally don't like Leupold glass

Also look at IOR Valdada, a couple hundred more, but well worth it.

I read a lot of good things about Sightron I would check them out they seem to be in that price range your looking for, and are supposed to have good glass and track as good as any. I use Nightforce, and have no personal knowledge with Sightron, but If that's the price range I would for sure try a Sightron.

If it needs to be low budget I would suggest a 16x or 20x Super Sniper, they have tons of elevation and track true. The glass on mine is pretty good as well.

If you were looking to spend more I would look at Sightron SIII scopes, 6-24 or 8-32.

I shoot a nikon Monarch and I really like the scope it adjusts true and I use it out past 800 yds and I am constantly adjusting the turrets and they always return back to the original adjustment. I have had it now for about four years and I have had it on a 300 RUM and a 300 win mag and it has held up. The clarity is also great and transmits light extremly well. For the money I would definatly buy another one and plan to in the future when I need to get another scope..

Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.