Need help, Celestron ultima 80 vs. Konus 20-60x80

ShootnMathews

Celestron Ultima 80 & Konus 20-60 x 80

I've posted about different spotting scopes before and appreciate all the feedback you guys give me. Due to financial strains my budget is pretty limited, but I have narrowed down to two scopes that I believe will fill my needs. In my price range these two seem to be the most highly praised so you guys that have one of either please chime in with any info good or bad on them. I'd like to order one very soon but can't decide which one of the two to get. Thank you for your help.

Ps One major difference I see straight off is the Celestron has a lifetime warranty and the Konus a 2 year.

Well from all the reviews I've read I've gathered that the glass is comparable in both only maybe slightly clearer in the Celestron, the Konus operates smoother in the knobs, and several people reported breaking the foot on the Konus and having a hard time getting a hold of Konus to get it fixed. Im planning to pack mine some and figured I'd be safer with the Celestron with the lifetime warranty.

So I purchased the Celestron Ultima 80. Feedback here seems pretty limited so I guess I'll leave some after I use it some. It should be here in a few days

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.