Need Gunsmith

etisll40

Probably a small job. I have a 22-250 barreled action, trigger is on it now. I'd like it re-barreled to 308, I have a new benchmark barrel 1-10. I want to buy an AICS chassis system. Gunsmith can just do the re-barrel and send barreled back in to me to do a drop in. Unless you are familiar with the ai chassis and think I'll run into a lot of trouble doing the part myself? It would be my first time dropping one in, I'm an amateur remember! I'd pay you for the aics work too, I'd like this to be a range gun, hoping to build a nice load with it, mostly target shooting with this one.

Anyone want to do the re barrel for me. I believe the action was trued prior to 22-250 barrel.

Thanks,
Ed

Just email me, [email protected] or call my cell, 585-943-9412

Try LongRifles Inc. With the barreled action group buy still in swing, Chad's prices are still very good. There should be no issues with the chassis unless you changed triggers. In that case, there could be some very minor inletting to do on the chassis to clear trigger components.

LongRifles, Inc. - Remember, Men will bet their lives on the work you do.

The group buy form is on the left side of the home page about half way down.

t

you will have to send the action to get the head space correct and make sure the threads are correct as well. when an action is trued, they re-thread just a few thousanths over to get them true. and a few thousanths could be 3 or 30. lots of good smiths out there but make sure you get a good recommendation from guys on this site.

I finally reached a smith that did a 7 stw build for me a few years ago. He was free and is going to re-barrel for me.

Thanks to all who chimed in. I greatly appreciate everyone that helps direct me.

Be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.