Need Gunsmith for exam.

PDRENNER

Are there any gunsmiths that will examine my rifle to determine problem, that is within driving distance of southwest MO or northwest AR?
I have 7mm WBY mag in Mark V with 26" SS, #2 contour, with 1 in 10, Japan built in 1994 that will not hold a group better than about 2.5". I fear throat is burned out but can't be sure. I realize a smiths time to examine a rifle deserves proper compensation. But I need to know for sure!
Thank you
AIRBORNE

morning, did u buy this rifle new?? r u using factory ammo r
reloading? see if u can contact Dosh or JB Customs about wbee's.
I have 4wbee only one is factory. all shoot good, reloads.
mentioned r contacts on this site
justme gbot tum

Have sent e-mail to JBCustom last week but no reply yet.
How do I contact Dosh?
Got it very used and factory ammo best group was 2.25". Been hand loading using WBY brass.
AIRBORNE

morning, Dr. Vette and Dosh have postings about their wbee's.
contact the NRA in ur state or ur state rifle ***. for info about
a reputable smithy. need to check for throat erosion. if erosion
in present with the pencil shaped barrel, probably will rebarrel
thru a good smithy. suggestion, depending on which caliber
u rebarrel, weatherby's like long barrels. my custom
7 has a #6 28" SS hart barrel. there r many different
barrel makers and sellers, do some research. justme gbot tum

Have sent e-mail to JBCustom last week but no reply yet.
How do I contact Dosh?
Got it very used and factory ammo best group was 2.25". Been hand loading using WBY brass.
AIRBORNE

J E CUSTOM (Not JBCustom)

I have been hunting (And having a good time) so I have been out of pocket. will check for messages.

The best thing to do is chat to get more information and maybe come up with the solution. PM me with a phone number that I can reach you at and the best time, and i will call you.

J E CUSTOM

J E CUSTOM (Not JBCustom)

I have been hunting (And having a good time) so I have been out of pocket. will check for messages.

The best thing to do is chat to get more information and maybe come up with the solution. PM me with a phone number that I can reach you at and the best time, and i will call you.

J E CUSTOM
Thanks for reply but already sent rifle to Gunsmith.

Are there any gunsmiths that will examine my rifle to determine problem, that is within driving distance of southwest MO or northwest AR?
I have 7mm WBY mag in Mark V with 26" SS, #2 contour, with 1 in 10, Japan built in 1994 that will not hold a group better than about 2.5". I fear throat is burned out but can't be sure. I realize a smiths time to examine a rifle deserves proper compensation. But I need to know for sure!
Thank you
AIRBORNE

Do you know if the rifle has been shot a lot? From a sub MOA to 2.5 inches is a lot for a rifle; what did it shoot before you noticed the problem? Although I do not have any actual experience with Weatherby they do have a good reputation. With all of Weatherby's hype and guarantees, I would try contacting Weatherby and ask their technical people about the problem. That is where I would start first before looking for a gunsmith to look at the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.