• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Need advise on a bad sale

I finally received my 2. Had to go to the post office to get one because they were about to return to sender for some crazy reason. I had to pick it up and take it to my ffl to do the transfer. The other showed up 1 week and a day late.

Ya, bad situation with mail. I decided I'll try to make contact again in a week or two and then just drop it. For all I know he needs money to feed his kids. I bought it for a hobby, he may have sold it for survival.

Just my $.02. First if insured, money needs to come back to buyer.
Before I do business, I get and verify a cell phone number. Not only for contact during or after the sale, but for mailing. Before I ship anything, I snap a picture of the label and text to the other person for them to verify the address. If they said it was right, then issue is on them if it turns out to be wrong. With that said, I have only had stellar experiences here.
Be smart, trust your gut and document everything.
You need to bull dog this and make it turn out right for everyone in the deal.

Had a well known rifle builder tell me if shipping usps make sure and add signature required to item. With that simple gesture it puts lots of pressure in the postal service to make sure that package arrives. Serves much better purpose than "added insurance". Like he says let's be honest it's like pulling teeth if you will ever get the postal service to even pay on $50 much less more even if you paid for extra.

The seller buys the insurance and they are the party that is indemnified against loss. They have to initiate a loss claim. Pics, addresses, ph#'s do nothing if the seller wants to rip you off. I've sold and shipped thousands of items since 2007 and have almost exclusively used USPS bc of price and convenience. In that time and volume, I think I've had exactly two problems with packages not arriving, and one was my fault for poor packing of a large, heavy, oddly shaped item- lesson learned. I've had a few items that were delayed for a day or three, but most are delivered on time and in good condition. I do remember one item that took several days longer than anticipated, but the buyer lived in the middle of the desert and he said that was pretty much standard fare. I do take care to use lots of bubble wrap, reinforce areas where thin, heavy items might impact if tossed. If there's any doubt, I double box with a layer of bubble wrap bw the boxes. I use labels printed from the USPS site and completely seal them with packing tape and have the bar code and receiving party's name prominently displayed- packing tape and cardboard is cheap.