• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Need advise on a bad sale

John Klingenberg

I bought a few items from a fella on here. The first package arrived fine. Second package got lost in the mail. 250.00 worth. Not the sellers fault. He did say it was insured. It's been a couple months now. Communication was good until this week. I direct messaged and texted the person. No response after a couple days. What do you all recommend?

I bought a few items from a fella on here. The first package arrived fine. Second package got lost in the mail. 250.00 worth. Not the sellers fault. He did say it was insured. It's been a couple months now. Communication was good until this week. I direct messaged and texted the person. No response after a couple days. What do you all recommend?
Although it may not help but give him a few more days. I've lost comunication for around a week at times due to unavoidable circumstances.

I mailed some brass to a fellow one time. It got lost in the mail. So I figured out he made a mistake gave me an address that didn't even exist. I gave him his money back. After calling posts offices in that area for about a month, I finally found my brass.

This package was tracked to the Boise distro center but never left. As soon as he filed the lost mail it disappeared from the tracking page. USPS is not cooperative in any meaningful way...if you can get anyone on the phone at all.

USPS has been hit or miss since the start of the corona nonsense.

As far as filing the insurance claim-- those do take awhile and they also require a significant amount of documentation. He would essentially have to prove the value to them-- even when I had everything documented, invoice showing paid, etc I still had them reject the initial claim. I was the sender and the item was a custom reamer.

I sent back all documentation plus initial order info and finally got paid but it was a PITA.

Good luck, hopefully he sees this and gets in contact, a week wouldn't have me worried just yet. I would work with USPS from your side as well though and go from there.

I realize the time. I had another barrel take two months around that same time frame and distro center. It's the lack of comms I'm worried about. He really seems like a good guy.

He's probably just stressed about the whole deal as you are. He's still going to lose on the deal cause he still won't have the barrel. I sent a barrel to Carl Feldcamp in Idaho for fluting. They shipped it all the way Anchorage Alaska then back to Idaho. USPS definitely has issues shipping long skinny boxes. I purchased a scope from a guy in Delaware. It went all the way to Atlanta then they shipped it back to him. Then he had to ship it to me again. That was UPS.

I been though this you call the receiving post office give them the tracking number I got another going on right now
Good advice. That's how I found my lost brass. I stayed on hold on to the phone for about 20 minutes while someone looked through the whole post office. It was finally found in some ones office.

Ya'll got me nervous, I just bought a barrel from here lol. I have had great experiences on all of my purchases on here thankfully. Not everything I bought was in the shape I thought but most times they told me that. USPS sucks in my opinion. They have delivered an AR upper of mine at the wrong address (just down the road). Their bullcrap GPS showed it delivered at my residence. Luckily two weeks later, someone brought the package to me when they returned from vacation. There seem to be a lot of great guys on here and hopefully he will get it squared away. Best of luck to you sir!