• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Need advise on a bad sale

I always ask for phone #. This way you can call seller at any time. A few months is a long time for, I have had items lost when sent or highly damaged, The buyer and myself were always communicating. But you never know what is going on with the persons life.

I have his phone. No response in a couple days. I'll give to next week before I get obnoxious. I hate being that way and the money isn't huge but 250 buys a good bit of powder and bullets. I bought a package from him a few weeks earlier that shipped fine. Calling the local post offices isn't a big deal but try to get hold of a living human at a distribution center the size of Boise is impossible, nothing but phone selections and voice mail.

Postal experiences for me here lately have been outrageous.... I had a Sendero 25-06 On the way that was mailed to me in May... still no sign of it. No updates, nobody can find it at the hub, it's just gone.
right now I have 2 ars on the way. One shows a failed delivery to the gun shop I had them shipped to and they were open and there all day long. Called post office the next day to see if either of my packages were there and they're nowhere to be found. Called today, no sign of them. I'm over $2300 in on these 3 items and nobody knows anything...
good luck to you, hope it all works out

Postal experiences for me here lately have been outrageous.... I had a Sendero 25-06 On the way that was mailed to me in May... still no sign of it. No updates, nobody can find it at the hub, it's just gone.
right now I have 2 ars on the way. One shows a failed delivery to the gun shop I had them shipped to and they were open and there all day long. Called post office the next day to see if either of my packages were there and they're nowhere to be found. Called today, no sign of them. I'm over $2300 in on these 3 items and nobody knows anything...
good luck to you, hope it all works out
I feel for you. That's a lousy situation.

I have his phone. No response in a couple days. I'll give to next week before I get obnoxious. I hate being that way and the money isn't huge but 250 buys a good bit of powder and bullets. I bought a package from him a few weeks earlier that shipped fine. Calling the local post offices isn't a big deal but try to get hold of a living human at a distribution center the size of Boise is impossible, nothing but phone selections and voice mail.
I hate to admit it but I recently sold a rifle between my long hours and UPS and USPS hours it took me a week to get it to my FFL and shipped. But I asked the buyer not to pay until FFL had a tracking number to provide to him.

It's the lack of comms I'm worried about. He really seems like a good guy.

I have his phone. No response in a couple days. I'll give to next week before I get obnoxious.

As others noted, give the seller an opportunity to help you resolve the transaction. An outstanding member asked me similar concern (lack of communication), I told him the seller is GTG. He found out later that the seller was out in the open waters fishing for a week and cannot respond accordingly.

Patience is a virtue. Good luck.

I sell and trade a lot of high end kitchen knives, I've been mailing them all over the world for four years now. 6 months ago I had one go missing in route to its destination In Texas, the customer went to the receiving post office and raised tee total hell, I had the paperwork and receipts so we filed a claim. The knife had made to within 30 miles of its destination and then disappeared. A couple days after we filed the claim that knife was found behind a desk at the neighboring post office. When the customer got the knife hone it had been opened and used, it had some rust because it was a steel that would rust if not dried after every use. Basically someone stole the knife and put it back in the system when the heat came down. Since Covid I've had a couple Of packages take weird trips all around the states and arrive late but they did arrive. Hopefully your seller gets back in contact with you, hopefully he has the receipt showing the insurance, if he does he should open a claim. Once in awhile you'll find a bad guy on here but my experience has been that the vast majority of forum members in here are good guys, he may have ran into an issue. Hopefully it works out.

I will follow everyone's wisdom here and sit on it awhile. Thanks for putting me at ease over it. I do a lot of business on here and have never been let down. This is a fine group of extraordinary gentlemen/ladies.

With the vast items I've bought and sold on numerous sites, I've luckily only had two lost items thru USPS. One was found relatively quickly once the claim was filed, and the other unfortunately was not found.
The item not found was actually a usps money order to purchase an item on another forum. Not sure if it's just with MO's or for every claim, but they hold the claim open for 60-90 days to see if it shows up before resolving it with a refund...So it could be that long before anything even starts to get resolved in your case as well.

Hopefully the guy really had insurance on your purchase. And hope he responds to you soon..

I will follow everyone's wisdom here and sit on it awhile. Thanks for putting me at ease over it. I do a lot of business on here and have never been let down. This is a fine group of extraordinary gentlemen/ladies.
I'm in the Boise area. Again, we might know the guy :)