Need a new combo for my Ackley

chad

This year I shot h4831sc with 140 ttsx bullets out of my 280 ai. I need a new load. I will not shoot another barnes bullet again at game!

Thinking of going back to the nosler accubonds, berger bullets are about 75% out of the question also after seeing what they do also.

I use 140 ,and 160 NAB in my AI,and they are awesome . I use IMR 4831,and the Nosler load data both my Montana ,and my Cooper,and they shoot ragged little holes I won't go to anything else again, and great devastation on game !!!

I just got a Cooper 280AI. I can't comment about on game performance of the 168 Berger. But that is what I am using. I chose the 168 classic hunter (orange box) I think it is the hybrid design. Was VERY easy to develop a load. I am not pushing it hard but it shoots really good. 58.5 gr of H4831sc with Nosler brass at 2900 fps. As far as Bergers go; i've never had a problem in any caliber that I shoot. I have shot game as close as 30 yds with a 140 vld out of a 7wsm and as far as 734 yds with a 215 hybrid. All bullets have worked perfect. Obviously don't hold on the shoulder at 30 yds.

This year I shot h4831sc with 140 ttsx bullets out of my 280 ai. I need a new load. I will not shoot another barnes bullet again at game!

Thinking of going back to the nosler accubonds, berger bullets are about 75% out of the question also after seeing what they do also.

I gotta ask....What put the sour taste in your mouth for Barnes?

One 6x6 shot through the lungs. Dropped then got up Nd ran off, never found and nothing to track him. Punched tag a no elk. Another 6x5 shot three times. One in the neck two in the lungs recovered and still alive. One muley shot high shoulder and one in the chest. Still alive and lost till next morning and eaten by coyotes. Another punched tag and no deer.

I shot Barnes 160 TSX's for years and they were great. Never had a problem.

The Bergers are my favorites. They fly true and hit hard. Never an issue with them either. I highly recommend them.

I am shooting 59.6 H4831SC with a 168 berger classic hunter at 2900 fps out of a cooper 280 AI. Accuracy has been excellent, I believe my lot of H4831SC is slow so work up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.