Need A Load For .223 Tikka T3 Tactical 1in8 Twist.

robbobsam

I am looking for an accuracy load for my new Tikka T3 Tactical in .223.

I will be using it out to 600yds and will be using it on Varmints and targets.

I was thinking of using 69Grain SMK's but if you can suggest better bullets and loads I would be very pleased to hear them.

I am like all of you guys very much into getting the best accuracy out of my rifles.

Been thinking along the lines of AA2520 or H4895, not tried anything yet but I usually try to steer clear of Varget due to the "Alledged" increased barrel wear.

Thanks Guys.

I am looking for an accuracy load for my new Tikka T3 Tactical in .223.

I will be using it out to 600yds and will be using it on Varmints and targets.

I was thinking of using 69Grain SMK's but if you can suggest better bullets and loads I would be very pleased to hear them.

I am like all of you guys very much into getting the best accuracy out of my rifles.

Been thinking along the lines of AA2520 or H4895, not tried anything yet but I usually try to steer clear of Varget due to the "Alledged" increased barrel wear.

Thanks Guys.

Increased barrel wear with varget? I say BS. Horrible rumor.

With a 1x8 bolt gun I would try the 75 grain Hornady A max. I am thinking a good load of RL15 or Varget will net some really good results. If you look around, RL15 and Varget are both highly regarded for heavies in the .223. With a 75 grain bullet your not breaking any velocity records in a .223, so I'd maintain that Varget is one of your two best options. If you manage your barrel heat, that .223 will last several thousand rounds.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.