Need .338 Lapua ammo, 285 hornady A-Max only, looking for 10 boxes….any info is helpful, thanks

Thanks for the info
There might be some around, doesn't hurt to search. That bullet was very popular with many 338 Lapua shooters,...along with H1000 or Retumbo. I think it might ove been one of the bullets that people complaint about the tip melting. You might want to try 285 ELD-Match for target or 270 ELD-X for hunting

Keep checking with these guys. I have seen it on the shelf a few times.

Looking hard for .338 lapua and 285 A-Max load only, thanks

As has been stated a couple of times, the AMAX load and the Hornady AMAX bullets were discontinued a few years ago. Those of us who favored the AMAX bullets bought as many as we could afford at the time. Now they have disappeared from shelves and suppliers when I check and visit.

This doesn't mean that some out-of-the-way, backwater town gun store might have a box on the shelf but that will be like the proverbial needle in a haystack. Your friends is several years late and here are the only two bullets in the AMAX line being manufactured:

1654440348343.png

I did find a couple of different loads being used in the Hornady Black line of ammunition but none in .338 AMAX.

Good Luck with your search!

:)

You're buddy is like my buddy as far as the AMAX goes. But he moved on to to ELDM bullet and has no issues with them.
I agree: I moved to the ELD line without issues. Just smacked my 760 yard gong dead center with a 285 ELD on top of 88 gr Retumbo.

The 285eldm out of my lapua is an absolute hammer on game. Smacked the **** out of anything ive shot with it. Elk, deer, beaver. All one shot DRT ranging from 100 to 500 yards.

Recent Posts