New Hornady .338 Lapua 285 grain load.

I doubt Hornady will sell the bullet as a component at first. More money in it for them to sell loaded ammo.

That is interesting. It would be nice to have a heavy Hornady proj. that will compete with the Berger and SMK. I use to be strictly Sierra, but now I am mostly a Hornady guy. Thanks for the heads up!

Tank

Would like to see some specs,even so, if they were to release it we wont see it down under untill about 2020.

Would like to see some specs,even so, if they were to release it we wont see it down under untill about 2020.
We have a good supply of Hornady components down here. I shoot the 250 grain .338 BTHP match all the time and think it is a great projectile.
Once the 285 grain projectile is released it should make up part of the next shippment. Just need to put your order in with the distridutor.

Don't get your hopes up to much because if they are developing it for law enforcement
It will probably be a frangible bullet. (Fine for people but not for hunting).

Hopefully it will be something like the A Max .

We will just have to wait and see.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.