Necking up brass

bushwackr

Hi all I am under the understanding that I can take make 300 rum brass from 7 rum. I have some concerns . First I see that the brass has different measurements besides just the neck diameter. Is it as simple as run thru the 300 rum die and load like a 300 and shoot , or is there some type of fire forming that has to be done? I can get some norma 300rum brass so if this isnt the best route I will just sell the brass I have

With a simple neck up from 7mm to 30cal. just dust the neck with graphite and lube the brass a bit. When you get more complicated like making cases shorter or necking and blowing them out then you need to put a bit more thought into it....

the only rum that has different body dimensions is the 338rum... The length to the shoulder/neck juncture changes because of the neck diameter, not because the body length is different...

Ok I just looked in the berger manual and looked at the case drawing and seen there was small differences I didn't know if that little bit meant anything or not. Well I'm going to have to pick up a dies set tomorrow and get ready for some work. It shouldnt take to long to do 200.

My local guy here has the hornady dimension dies?? I think there called. Are they any good, the look like they have the floating chamber seater and reg sizer in them like my foresters. Im hoping I can use bushing dies so I dont work the brass so much

I will give the inside of the neck a good waxing with a q tip then I will do like I normally do then

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.