Nebraska early season elk hunt, part 1

Joecool,

Growing up there was never a time that Dad did not take us fishing or hunting when we wanted if he did not have work or something other to do. Guess what I am saying is that I can never remember a single time that dad said no to use kids to head out and do anything with us because he was tired or just did not want to do it. That never happened that I remember. Not that we were spoiled, hardly the case, he just knew what was important in life. Hope I can do that as well for my kids.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby by the sound of things I'm sure you will do a good job with them. My dad is 77 years old taking him to Eastern Oregon this year bird hunting!!! not really my bag… but I'll do anything for that man if it makes him happy..

I understand your feelings 100%.

Just the time spend is far more important then what you are doing during that time in my opinion.

Big game season is ready to start here in about 7 weeks, Dad is retired now and so its my turn to take him hunting when ever he wants!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Roy,

How in the hell do you e-mail video???

I can build a mean rifle but when it comes to computers, well, stupid is as stupid does, and I am stupid!!!:D

Kirby Allen(50)

Sheeesh! Ya snail mail the media, for ya'll up'air in Mt. that would be whatever it was recorded onto(Tape etc, then we figger out how to get it copied onto something for the editing software to be able use.

WOW

Just got back to town and was wondering if my 338 AM was done and look at this monster bull! Kirby's been out playing!

Well deserved hunting trip Kirby, that is a monster bull. Now you need that 30"+ muley. That muley would look small next to that bull so put it on another wall when you get it.

Great story and again, great bulls and ram.

Kirby is a big man and him standing next to that bull really shows me how big that rack really is-WOW!

Kirby is a big man and him standing next to that bull really shows me how big that rack really is-WOW!

I've stood beside Kirby and he is indeed pretty tall, but.........it looks to me like he's kneeling in that picture. I think he was just trying to make us think that bull was extra tall.:):D:)

What a great story, and the pictures are awesome!

This is the stuff memories are made of, especially when done with your Dad and friends.

edge.

Roy,

The video is on my cameras hard drive right now. I need to pick up some good quality video DVDs to download and burn the video to and then I could get you a copy to see what you can do with it.

Maybe get some time this weekend to do that if I do not work straight through the holiday weekend that is. Probably will.

Kirby Allen(50)

MagicofMT,

Ya got away for a few days. Was nice but now back to work. Waiting on that big stock to get back for your rifle. Will not take long once I get that.

He is a pretty big bull, I was however on my knees as correctly mentioned already. Still, at over 5 feet long on the one side, its not hard to make him look big!!!!:D

Yes, a 30" muley needs to be on the wall as well. Got several good whitetails, two new whitetail mounts have been hung on the wall since you last came up so you will have to check them out next time your up.

A big Muley is a nessesity however!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

SS7mm,

There are alot of things you can do when taking pics to really show of an animal well. THEY WORK EVEN BETTER WHEN THE CRITTER IS A BULL OF THIS SIZE!!!!:D

Kirby Allen(50)

There are alot of things you can do when taking pics to really show of an animal well. THEY WORK EVEN BETTER WHEN THE CRITTER IS A BULL OF THIS SIZE!!!!:D

When you have a bull of that size you don't need tricks. He's huge. You might, however, have problems just trying to get him all in the picture.:D

Got the package and just had time to put it all together before we took off in the motorhome for a few days with the grandkids to do some camping before they had to go back to school. Just got back and will try and get out by this weekend and make some noise.;)

Roy,

The video is on my cameras hard drive right now. I need to pick up some good quality video DVDs to download and burn the video to and then I could get you a copy to see what you can do with it.

Maybe get some time this weekend to do that if I do not work straight through the holiday weekend that is. Probably will.

Kirby Allen(50)

Give'r a go.

42 South 200 East
Blackfoot, ID 83221

Anyone may mail me green-backs any time they wish.;)

Roy:

Here's a couple of "greenbacks" for ya.;)
frogdancing.gif
frogswallowingbug.gif

Got a call that the meat is ready to pick up, going to have some elk stakes on the barbie this week!!!

Also getting more pics taken of the bull so I will post them to give a good idea of the size of this thing!!! They look alot bigger off that 1100 lb body!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.