First early season montana deer

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by elkaholic, Mar 28, 2012.

1. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

Scored on my first early season deer in Mt. today (3/28/12) Average sized doe at point blank range. My load was a 2011 F-150 ecoboost @75-80 mph, 87 octane and several tons of muzzle, uh, bumper energy! Ford = minus $5345. Deer = totaled:rolleyes:...
    rich

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

You got me! :)

3. elkaholic

Sorry Len! If I didn't make a stab at humor, I'd be crying and that isn't very becoming a 65 year old ELK hunter:D

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

This thread will likely begin the discussion of the merits of 1/2 ton, 3/4, or 1ton, and does diesel out perform gasoline. If you add nitrous to your subaru will you gain enough foot pounds to make a clean kill. Hopefully, the humor means all is well on your side of the windshield. You had me as well.

5. elkaholic

Ya, I can see PLENTY of killing potential, Ford vs Chevy, etc., etc.! All I can say is, 365 hp and 411 ft lbs. kills faster than a speeding Berger! I think the meat damage is unacceptable though:D.......Rich

6. SavageShtr

SavageShtr Well-Known Member

Ya think!!:) I had to chuckle when I read this. I do hate to laugh at your misfortune but as long as you weren't hurt it makes it easier. Thank goodness for auto insurance!!

7. JackinSD

JackinSD Well-Known Member

Glad you are okay. Got me also. With my little Mazda truck I would have had to back up and run her over again to finish the job.:)

8. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

I don't believe it without pictures.... :D

9. elkaholic

The Deer had "BITTER BEER FACE" when it flashed past my window on the way to taking out both doors........Rich

10. elkaholic

I was thinking about mounting a piece of my grill along with some "doe parts" on a plaque and putting it in my trophy room......:D

11. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

If you do it you should definitely post pics of your "mount"

12. gunwalker

gunwalker Well-Known Member

Few years ago a friend of mine hit one with her three year old in the pickup. The little boy proceeded to tell me that "we hit her in the ear, then hit her in the butt, and POOF". He didn't mention the facial expressions though.

13. grit

grit Well-Known Member

"ecoboost" sounds a little.......

I've had years deer season fealt like revenge.

I was in the passenger seat a few years back when a friend tagged four at the same time.

14. elkaholic

Should have turned him in for three over!:D......Rich