Near Manufacturing

alremkin

Is anyone here familar with the quality of the scope bases and rings made by "Near Manufacturing"?

I am going off of what Bailey has told me so I hope they are good. From the one he already has they seem to be top quality.

Steve

In my opinion, Better than Badger Ord., which was what I thought was the best before I found out about Near. Richard is also a great person to deal with, more than willing to work up special products.

Actually that's just exactly what he did for my handgun hunting partner and i. He put together a set of bases for our XP-100's that work great. I especially like the fact that the slots run the entire length of the base to allow for more mounting flexibility. We had a problem with another manufcturer, since his did not, altho the problem would've been hard to anticipate and this other manufacturer has the greatest of reps. also.

I ordered a rail from Richard back in May, he said it would take a month, I have called & left messages and emailed and heard nothing, is the guy alright? Has anyone heard from him lately?

H

I have had no problem w/him. I think he has more work than time but he has always responded to my inquiries in a reasonable amount of time.

Odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

When I say "alright" I mean from a health perspective Bill not his character, I like the guy we talked for some time, just concerned, perhaps he's on holiday?

H

alremkin,
I don't have any experience with his rings, but I have three of his bases. Richard's bases are top drawer. I would put them up against any bases available. The only drawback to his bases is he doesn't seem to make any zero cant bases. On the flip side he is the only mfg. I know of who makes 10 moa bases on a regular basis. If a shooter is only going to 600 yd. max a 20 moa bases is hard to use at normal distances, where the 10 moa seems to come back to 200 yd. without using all of a scopes elevation. I am sure his rings are of the same quality as his bases. Some mail order house is stocking his bases, Cabela's or Brownell's, I don't remember which, as I always e-mail Richard and the stuff appears at your door like magic.
hope this helps
joe

Hm, this sounds like good news to me, since I ordered a set of his bases and rings for my Weatherby Accumark 338/378 so I can mount my Zeiss 3x12x56mm Diavari scope on it. I sent Richard an email yesterday and had a response when I got home today, asking a question about which cant to have on my bases. He said I should have them by mid August.

I actually knew what you ment. I just didn't put it too clearly. I guess I should have told you that I had received an email from him on Saturday. Sorry for the confusion.

B.J.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.