Near Mfg 25MOA rail for sako m995

458win

After searching the world over for a one piece base for the M995 I found Near Mfg. up in Canada makes them with 25MOA built in. It was $175 which I first thought was a little steep (not anymore). Excellent piece of workmanship and it has the tapered dovetail base thats mates perfectly with the receiver. Just wanted to let all the M995 owners out there looking for a good base know that theres light at the end of the tunnel!

Does it require drilling and tapping of the action to be installed?

US Optics also makes a rail for the Sako M995 (TRG-s), but it requires drilling and tapping of the action to be installed. George at GAP can also install a custom 1913 mil spec rail for the M995. This one also requires drilling.

Fishry,

Near Mfg. says you can epoxy it on and it will stay, but since my action was already drilled and tapped I went ahead and just screwed it on. How much are the bases from US Optics and GAP?

Fishry: You don't need to drill and tap your receiver. I put a Near base on my 995 a couple of years ago. I didn't epoxy it at first, I figured I would try it and see. When I put it on without screws I tapped it on. After I shot it the thing moved forward maybe .050" showing me I should have tapped it a little harder. I still haven't taken it off and epoxied it but if I know what I know now I would have put the epoxy to it and tapped it on pretty good. It is fine the way it is and some day I'll do the epoxy thing. You don't need the epoxy to hold it on but rather to make sure the metal to metal fit is perfect. I have about a half of dozen or so of Richard's bases now and they are hard to beat. For the 995 it was a blessing to find this scope rail. Good luck. Sam.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.