My new custom 260

NomadPilot

Mr. Postman brought this to my door a few weeks ago. Needless to say I'm very pleased! Mr. Jim See turned my rust-speckled action into a work of art.

Surgeon 591
22" #5 Brux 260 Rem
Manners MCS-T, Coyote Tan w/ black specks
Bipod stud, two flush cups
Seekins rings, bottom metal, mag
Nightforce 3.5-15x50, .1mrad, MLR

img0083jg.jpg

img0084s.jpg

img0082lt.jpg

img0087o.jpg

One thing I am really impressed by: The stock is very cleanly inletted for the bolt to move rearward. Love the precision!

img0085cc.jpg

Unfortunately I have been out of town for the last month, I am moving across a few states on Friday (hence the screen name), and all my shooting stuff is in storage. So the range report will have to wait, but I'm sure it'll shoot lights out.

Thanks, Jim!

Last edited:
Nice looking rig. I really like the way the action, barrels, rings and scope are all black and set off with the black speckles on the stock. Good and nicely focused pics too. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

That looks awesome, congrats. Mine is sitting over at SSG waiting for an overhauling, should look similar to yours.
Who do you fly Nomads for (customs)?

Lou

What are flush cups however?
These things on the left side of the stock. A swivel snaps in and releases with a push button.
JAE-100%20G2%20Flush%20Cup.jpg

You can't see them real well in my pics because they've got swivels like these mounted in them.
flushcupswivels8x6.jpg

and used for what?
Mounting a sling on the side of the rifle instead of the bottom. That way when you sling it, the rifle lays flat with the scope to the left, the trigger to the right, and the bolt away from your back.

(or if you're a southpaw, then like this picture, with the mounts on the right side of the rifle)
sling_complete_small.jpg

This guy has a backpack sling, but it lays flat against his back because he's using side-mounted flush cups.

img0283ho.jpg

It's been a long move, but I finally joined a range and got to shoot my new 260. I wasn't real happy with my shooting - trigger control was terrible. But I was very happy with the new rifle!

First 5 shot group after getting sighted in with Corbon 139gr Scenar. The far right was the 1st shot, and the top was the last shot. Take those out and I'd be left with a helluva 3 shot group. But then that'd be cheating, huh? :)

24aug260remcorbon139sce.jpg

I've also got some Corbon-loaded 142gr HPBTs, 123gr Scenars, and some other factory ammo to try. I'll reload for it, but I wanted to begin with a known quantity as I don't trust my reloading skills yet to judge a rifle.

Nomad

Interested in velocity of the 123's out of your 22" barrel.

When I send mine back to the shop I want to go with a 22 incher. I was thinking of a A-3 stock but your manners might change my mind.

very similar to mine. only diffrence is i have diffrent dm, longer barrel, stiller action. exact same stock (im pretty impressed with the inlet aswell)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.