My new 6.5WSM! Finally done!

strictlyRUM

Here it is. After a couple years of planning, starting, changing my mind. Selling componants, buying the same stuff again. After finishing all the guns I have had waiting for others I got to finish one for my self. Now all I have to do is learn how to shoot a pistol! I am taking it out again this afternoon for some load work. I took it out the other day to do a quick sight in and break in. It shoots half MOA at 100, but when I moved out to 200 it(I) opened up to one moa. Any ways Ill give the quick rundown...... PTG bolt, with a quickey handle I threw on cause I am limmited on time now that I am a daddy! Trigger was tuned to about 2lbs. Kreiger 1 in 7.5 twist with a 30dollar muzzle brake from Ross! Thanks Ross! the helix in the holes matches the helix on the bolt. The stock I am sure you know is a Russo laminate. Finished in clear duracoat. For those of you that might have thaught of it. It works very well. Very hard and a nice matte finish. The metal is duracoat also. Just for now. I would like to molly it. I am going to have to wait till I have an outside oven. I dont want the fumes around my little one. Oh yeah a burris 3-12 with ballistic plex that will be going in for target turrets soon. Well here it is......Thanks for looking.

Jason

052.jpg

That is one sharp looking Rig. Hope you enjoy it. I almost went with the 6.5WSM on my first XP and went with the 7.21 Lazzeroni my 2nd (300 Dakota) should be finished any day now. I'm looking for a 3rd and want either a 6.5 or a .257 would like to shoot 100gr bullet's really fast. Kirby's .257 Allen Magnum ought to be a screamer.

I just did two heavy coats. I covered it in one coat actually. I was ready to handle in an hour and it should be fully cured in a week or so. I was shooting it the next day. It didnt seem to soak up quite the way just auto clear does. It acts more like the gorilla glue. Just kinda seals it. I am actually thinking of trying to clear over it to see if it works fine. I like the finish now. But if I could find a shortcut to sealing and shooting them then I would have to buy more wood! If you handle it, it sure acts like it made an armour coating on the wood. I really want to just leave it the way it is. If I can have wood with out dings I would use more of it. Anyone who knows me knows I put alot into building a gun, but not so much into protecting it when hunting. They end up like me.......Pretty beat up. Is it as nice as you thaught. The color I mean? Go beavers eh? I like it. Thank you much Joel.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.