my long range pistol build (done 5/30/09)

jorvin,
What barrel contour and length did you use ?
Also, what did your rig end up weighing ?

the barrel is a mcgowen #7 (i think) target contour. it tapers to 8.75" at the muzzle. Mcgowen has a speicial on there pistol barrels(tell them it's a savage pistol large shank) up to 17" long. i went with the 17" barrel. my gun with everything on it including the bipod is 10.5 lbs. and it is 31" long tip to tip. very hard to find a holster for her!!!!:)

jorvin, I have a holster from dave at quitehide that I like a lot and for longer trips I just got an eberlestock gunslinger that holds my SP perfectly!

Since you used a rifle action and made a pistol will you have to do paperwork to have it reclassified as a pistol?

the action is sent to you ffl undesignated and when your ffl puts it in your name it gets classified as a rifle or pistol... I don't think you can go from a rifle to a pistol.

zuba is right ! these action's come from the factory as actions only. they have never been assembled as a rifle. it is a felony to take a rifle action and make it into a pistol. just like the encore frame. jim at northland supply can give you more info.

zuba i think i saw a picture of your quiethide holster/backpack on the SP. when my funds recover alittle from my build. i'm going to go with quithide also.

Thanks for the info guys! I thought that was the case but did not know about how the raw actions were sold. I was hoping I was wrong as I just bought a Remington 100XR and would love to make it an XP, but I guess not. At least not without an expensive transfer fee to switch it.

hi encoreguy from my understanding there is no way to go to a pistol if it's a rifle .once a rifle allways a rifle. if i ever put a rifle butt stock on my pistol according to the law i have to leave it that way forever!

Jorvin, That is one sweet setup. I have a striker myself and when I get back to work am planning on going to the rear grip. To get rid of that lousy linkage. PM sent.
Tim

Insane:D
I'll dig out one of my rear grip XP's and see how I can match your work of art:cool:
Dude, that's one hell of a setup!
Good job,
WT

well it looks like i'm not done after all. just sent out my bolt body to karl at kampfeld custom to have it spiral fluted. i will try to post another final finished photo next week

Re: my long range pistol build (now she's done 6/10/09

025.jpg
G]

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts