My new 300 WSM

I leave it in a plastic tote but sometimes I have forgotten to close the lid and itll rain on em. LOL

Imagine how accurate your rifles would be if you bought a good set of calipers 🤣🤣🤣

This has me wanting a full custom 300 WSM, easily one of the most accurate factory rifle cartridges I ever owned.

Imagine how accurate your rifles would be if you bought a good set of calipers 🤣🤣🤣

This has me wanting a full custom 300 WSM, easily one of the most accurate factory rifle cartridges I ever owned.
I was going to make the same comment, but I know he has better equipment in his shop.
LOL. Ya that set stays down at the 580 yd berm.

Im really liking my wsm so far.
So, it has gone through a series of temp cycles - weather battle proven. 😇

Congrats on a very nice build, and thanks for sharing.

I was going to make the same comment, but I know he has better equipment in his shop.

My grandfather always said never question a man with hard worn equipment, he probably knows how to use it and he's proven he's not afraid of work.

His rifles speak for themselves and as stated earlier, they have the appearance of accuracy.

What's getting more attention, the rifle or the calipers?! Ryan should give the calipers to the next guy to order up a wsm build 🤣 consolation prize

Well Ive done some more testing since I last posted. I tried reloader 26 and had a mild but wide node at 2900 fps. It shot a 7 shot group at 100 that was .3". Shot several groups at 580 that were in the .3 moa range. Figured I could find something better and also that was cleaner burning since it required the barrel to be cleaned every 30-35 rounds.

I decided to try H4350. Did a rough powder charge test at 100 just to find some nodes to work with. I had a node a mile wide at roughly 2800 fps. A .9 gr spread in powder was a ES of 21. Decided to shoot a group in the middle of it at 100. It measured .295" w a ES of 5 for 3 shots. Figured this was a good place to start. I then got all setup to shoot a ladder test at distance. 63-63.6 shot a 1.03" group at 580 yds. Next morning I came out and shot a 1.045".172 moa group at 580 yds. It had 1/2 inch vertical. Im gonna call load testing on this rifle done. H4350 offers really good temp stability and is a lot cleaner than the other powders Ive tried. Reloader 26 left a really stubborn carbon deposit in the throat.
ladder test.jpg
580 yd group 4350 and 205 bergers.jpg

So I decided to do some more testing with my 300 wsm and try out some lower nodes. The next lower node was almost a grain wide. After doing the powder charge test I loaded up 3 in the middle of it and it shot a 3 shot .243"@100 yds and had a ES of 2 fps. I figured thatll work so I loaded up 3 and shot them at 580 yds. Same velocity and it appeared to be well under 1/2 moa vertical. Went back in the shop and loaded 3 more up and sent em down range. They impacted in the same spot. I had 2.4"/.39 moa of vertical at 580 yds for 6 shots and a ES of 8 fps for the 3 at 100 and 6 at 580, 9 shots total. Since then Ive taken it out and shot some amazing groups with it.

1010 yds a few weeks ago and shot a 3.1" group for 4 shots.
5 shot group at 580 yds with 1.5" vertical.
Took it out last weekend and shot a 3 shot group at 630 yds that had maybe 1/4" of vertical.

Those groups were shot with the NF 4-20 ATACR.

Lower node is only pushing a 205 berger at 2730 fps in my 22" barrel but you cant argue with the results on target. And I can get away with cleaning every 50 rounds while shooting suppressed.

Ill have some 300 wsm rifles instock in 6-8 weeks.

This one has the following parts.

Defiance ANTIX XM
Manners LRH
Benchmark 22" 10 tw sendero light
Triggertech Diamond
TBAC Dominus SR
Hawkins Bottom metal
Modified MDT magazine to hold 3 rounds.
Nightforce 4-20 ATACR Love this scope
MDT Lightweight Double Pull Best bipod Ive tried so far.

326307082_690963659161313_2976893672429682731_n.jpg
1010 yds 4 shots measured.jpg
3@630 yds measured.jpg
100 yds es of 2.jpg
580 yds 5 shots measured.jpg
6 at 580 measured.jpg
9 shot chrono.jpg

I'm drooling again. I'm trying to control myself, but it is very hard. So I have one question. I know you set this up for the 205 Berger, but would you expect a 9 twist to perform similarly?

I'm drooling again. I'm trying to control myself, but it is very hard. So I have one question. I know you set this up for the 205 Berger, but would you expect a 9 twist to perform similarly?
It should. Thats alot faster than necessary though for that bullet. Its an XM setup. The heavier bullets don't really have any room in a magazine. I built the rifle around the 200-205 gr bullets. Plugging the ballistics in between a 205 and a 215 theyre pretty much identical with the velocity difference between the two.

Well I got to try out the 300 wsm and 205 elite hunters on a deer last weekend. Wasn't a far shot. 250 yds broadside. I aimed and hit behind the crease of the shoulder slightly so I didn't lose two quarters of meat. It didn't hit a rib on the entrance to initiate expansion. It did manage to pretty much liquify the lungs and left a exit hole on the ribs between the size of a golf ball and orange. She went about 100 yds before piling up. The blood trail was really impressive. Ray Charles could of followed it. Really happy with the performance for not hitting anything hard to initiate expansion and also since my muzzle velocity isn't super fast. 2730 fps at the muzzle, 2400 fps at impact.
deer 1.jpg
deer 2.jpg
deer 3.jpg