My New 300 Win Build

Love the Lazz stock! I have one on a semi-custom .300 Win Mag that I had built about 10 years ago. There's no other stock like the Lazz thumbhole.

Great looking and great shooting rifle you have there. I'd like to see a few photos of the attached muzzle brake and some targets.

I'd like to see a few photos of the attached muzzle brake and some targets.

Not the best pics, but all I have right now.

The JP brake:
DSC02220LargeSmall.jpg

3 shots at 1000 yards:

DSC02436Small.jpg

One shot at 803 yards:...:D....gun)gun)

DSC02684Small-1.jpg

Hey Jeff, did you choose to use the standard profile or large profile JP Compensator?

Thank you and awesome rifle-seems it has treated you well over the last few years!

Hey Jeff, did you choose to use the standard profile or large profile JP Compensator?

Thank you and awesome rifle-seems it has treated you well over the last few years!

The standard profile.

Yes the rifle is treating me very well. It just recently recorded it's 21 big game kill in 21 shots with the 215 Bergers. 200 yards to 1285 yards. Last two was a 13 year old gal, first elk at 601 yards, and it never stood up. She was stoked! The other was an older hunter I took in for a cow elk and he stoned her at 475 yards. I was spotting and when that 215 went in behind the shoulder she pumped up like a yew years parade blimp, then fell over. One of the best rifles I have ever owned.

Jeff

Here is my newest rifle, granted it's not 30 caliber but close. 35 Whelen, Green Mountain barrel, Boyd stock totally bedded, Timney trigger, Williams receiver sight rear, Remington front, Traister safety. Don't now why the open sighted rifle, just remember the old days and wanted to go nostalgia. Hold the heckles please. oh yeah had Boyd put the little Deer Head just below the bolt cut out. LOL

Attachments

• 35 Whelen.jpg
    35 Whelen.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 122
Confused 300 WM or 338 Lapua

Are you looking for 300 WM lapua brass

For 300 WM suggest just plain WW brass and then prep it.

Broz,

First time poster here looking for some help on a build. I'm currently building two 300 Win Mags for my self and brother. I've been searching endlessly for the chamber spec for a 300 Win Mag Tactical Match Reamer Specs throated for 210gn Berger VLD's and 215gn Hybrids. Would it be ok to PM you for assistance. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

These rifles will be set up for long range hunting for both deer and elk built on Defiance Deviant Hunter Actions.

Charles

Broz,

First time poster here looking for some help on a build. I'm currently building two 300 Win Mags for my self and brother. I've been searching endlessly for the chamber spec for a 300 Win Mag Tactical Match Reamer Specs throated for 210gn Berger VLD's and 215gn Hybrids. Would it be ok to PM you for assistance. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

These rifles will be set up for long range hunting for both deer and elk built on Defiance Deviant Hunter Actions.

Charles

you bet Charles, pm away

Jeff

I am in the final stages of the build process. I have all the parts. Just can't decide on a chamfering. I am torn between 300 Win. Mag and a 300 WSM. Here are the build parts.
Pierce SS LA with mag bolt, 20moa rail pinned
Schneider # 4 fluted, SS ,5p, 1-9 twist, Finnish at 26-27"
Manners EH2 with mini chassi
Jewell trigger
Wyatt's center feed box
PTG (bdl) bottom metal
Either chamber will be throated for Berger 215-230Hybrids and Hornady ELD-X 200 and 212 grain bullets.

What velocities are you getting with the Berger 215 Hybrids?
Can you pm me the load you are using?

Brian

I too got advice from Broz a year ago on my 300 WM build. Ended up using a PTG reamer with the specs Broz told me. This is my most accurate gun. Shoots the 215 right at 3000 fps using H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.