My long range .243 back from the "doctor"

BigBamBoo

I shipped my Surgeon Scalpel (.243) back to Surgeon to have a Badger FTE muzzle brake installed. Before the "why a brake on a .243" comments start...I like being able to spot my own shots. Even with a .243 without a brake it is sometimes hard to do that at the 300-500 yard range. With a brake it is not an issue at all. Plus...I just like brake's...and I think they look kewl! gun)
I shipped it on Nov. 30th. and received it back this morning! With a nice list of things they did to the rifle...for free:

Re-bedded the action
replaced the bolt and re-head spaced it (newer design now)
gave me another 5 round mag

Customer service is a hard thing to come by these days. And I have dealt with Surgeon on a number of occasions and have to say that their customer service and attention to detail is 2nd to none.
Oh...and they gave me a free hat too!

So...below are some pics of the rifle with the new brake...now if the weather will clear up I will go shoot it.

Take care,Stan

Beautiful rifle! I say "way to go" on the brake, althought I would have changed the inscription to "smile, wait for flash" :D. I have thought about putting a brake on my 243 as well so let us know how big a difference it makes.

Holy crap!! Where do you live? Look how green that grass is. Weather can't be too bad. LOL. Thats a sweet looking rig. I say make it your way and enjoy.

LOL...thanks guys. Nope...no Amber pics for the great customer service...but you have given me an idea....hmmmm.

Take care,Stan

Using 107 SMK's, Lapua brass, and 40.3 grains of H4350. I just made a trip to the range. Look for my range report post.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.