My kids will be deprived of McDonalds

Why because they're making a solid fist of selling french fries to gays? Let me fill you in on something. My gay daughter just informed me that, "Duh, we'll buy anything with a rainbow on it."

So, perhaps it's less direct or even tacit support for any particular lifestyle and more pure and unadulterated greed like we all grew up with and generally approve of.

If you want to sell something to women, make it pink. If you want to sell it to wannabe-spec-ops gun nuts add a picatinny rail and Punisher logos. If you want to sell it to liberals make sure it's exclusionary and oxymoronic in some way. If you want to sell it to conservatives make sure that everyone can take equal offense and that it's fun.

I don't question your having of a choice, your right to make one or the actual decision you made. I'm curious as to the logic and thought processes that got you there.

Tolerance.... Check it out sometime...
This world would be completely different if there was more tolerance of lifestyle, religious choice, and political choice.
Unfortunately most humans are not programmed for tolerance. It's something primal because of the thousands of years of intolerance.

I don't know about that analysis. I do know Mickie D's might sell a couple more orders of fries if OP wasn't so much against the normalization of homosexuality.

Besides, IMO OP is being tolerant by the definition of the term. Toleration is simply allowing something to continue existing without interfering with it. OP's doing exactly that and doing it among an audience he has a high propensity to be agreed with by. He's not interfering with McDonalds or the parade or gay culture nor is he letting them interfere with him. He's only eliminated the possibility of interaction. If anything that is the part that's truly unhelpful to his cause and the cause of general peaceful coexistence with diverse groups.

Iterative debate, compassion, education, problem solving... those fix things. Covering your eyes doesn't solve problems (except for super bright lights and dust I guess). That's why I was interested in the logic that netted his decision.

I don't know about that analysis. I do know Mickie D's might sell a couple more orders of fries if OP wasn't so much against the normalization of homosexuality.

Besides, IMO OP is being tolerant by the definition of the term. Toleration is simply allowing something to continue existing without interfering with it. OP's doing exactly that and doing it among an audience he has a high propensity to be agreed with by. He's not interfering with McDonalds or the parade or gay culture nor is he letting them interfere with him. He's only eliminated the possibility of interaction. If anything that is the part that's truly unhelpful to his cause and the cause of general peaceful coexistence with diverse groups.

Iterative debate, compassion, education, problem solving... those fix things. Covering your eyes doesn't solve problems (except for super bright lights and dust I guess). That's why I was interested in the logic that netted his decision.
Two different interpretations of the context. That's all....
I see it as there is disagreements on all the matters I posted. And I respect people's opinions. If they want to be gay be gay, if they want to hug trees hugs trees. Worship Mohamed go ahead... Just be tolerant of my wishes and I we wont have any problems.

That's exactly it. Its my opinion and I don't expect or even want everyone to agree with me. But I just don't like that everybody need to bend over backwards to please somebody's cause. This is the same reason I stopped shopping at Target. Those companies have their beliefs and choose to support those causes, I have mine. Sorry if I offended the LGBTQ members on here.

Oh yeah, lets see how this goes, we've taken prayer out of school and it's ok for abortions, blacks want to shoot white people and police and Democrats want to take our firearms away, it's ok for comedians to mock our President and as of lately to be seen with our President beheaded. LGBT??
Just how friggen tolerant are we supposed to be ???? B.S. And that's just a few things off the top of my head.

I'm with win308 and Waynzee on this. I boycotted Target a long time ago, now mickeys. Jesus Christ was both the most compassionate and intolerant person ever on Earth. He died for the sins of all mankind that accept Him. "No one gets to the Father except through Me", the height if eternal intolerance. Let the fallout begin

That's exactly it. Its my opinion and I don't expect or even want everyone to agree with me. But I just don't like that everybody need to bend over backwards to please somebody's cause. This is the same reason I stopped shopping at Target. Those companies have their beliefs and choose to support those causes, I have mine. Sorry if I offended the LGBTQ members on here.

I don't know about anyone taking offense. There's nothing in your posts that seems to offer it. Besides, offense to speech must be taken. It can't be given, IMO.

I do see a huge difference though in the tendency to pander via marketing and the tendency to pander via policies. Businesses that can make a few coins selling bobbles and chow to diverse groups with a little focused advertising is unremarkable to me. Does it strike me as symptomatic of the acute illness of PC nonsense that's infected our country and culture? Yes. Businesses taking a side which says to any group "well your opinion is bad and you should feel bad" via their rhetoric or, worst of all, their business policies is not only unwise business practice but it's generally divisive, only making relations worse. That's the kind of stuff that makes me stop patronizing them because they've taken an active measure to drive wedges deeper.

For my money, the whole sexuality and gender hoohaw that's taken over society in the last decade is just pure insanity and nothing more than a fad.

And we wonder why America is in critical condition, soon to be on life support... I thought we were over this primitive mentality by now everywhere...sad

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.